General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware of Zanotti Motor

Old 06-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Cheese Head
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beware of Zanotti Motor

I needed to order a bunch of maintenance parts. I chose to order from Zantotti's because I read so many great reviews on these forums. The dealership was very helpful up until after I placed my order. Some of the parts that I ordered were brake pads; front and rear. Here comes the amazing part...they don't stock brake pads. These are a normal wear and tear item. They need to be replaced on a regular basis. What kind of dealership does not stock brake pads? Are they really turning away customers that need new brakes simply because they don't maintain brake pads in their inventory?! Imagine the number of customers the service department must be losing. They don't even expect to get pads to ship to me until after the 10th of July! That is more than a month...for brake pads.

Now, I know that every dealer cannot maintain every part. But, this is a normal maintenance item. This is as bad as saying they don't have oil filters in stock.

Sorry, I'm just in shock and amazed at the poor inventory control. I just want to warn people that if they need routine maintence parts, don't order from Zanotti's if you need the parts quickly. You could end up waiting a very long time for routine parts.

Old 06-07-2010, 12:44 AM
Albreave
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've ordered a large number of items from both Chicago Harley and Zanotti's. I've got nothing to say about either except they have fantastic pricing. That and Chicago harley ships slower than hell.

On the flip side, I think most of us here realize we're paying a premium for reduced cost which comes at the price of time. If we need something immediately, we hit the local stealer. They are able to offer such low prices due to inventory control. They don't keep a huge stock of parts so they can offer them to us all at a substantial discount.

I ordered some replacement bulbs for my passing lamps and had to wait a few weeks for them to arrive. (was the sealed beam smoked lens ones, before someone suggests I run to wally world). I knew it'd take awhile.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:27 AM
QS78
Tourer

I have just ordered a bunch of parts. Will put my review after a week or so.

But did get from them repair catalog and delivery was fast enough.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:29 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Your kidding right? Brake pads? Six weeks? I do not believe you.

Old 06-07-2010, 02:33 AM
Cheese Head
Tourer

Here is the text from the e-mail notifying me that brake pads are backordered:

Hi,

The items below are on back order. The estimated release
date follows the part number. As long as the vendor does
not change the release date we usually get the items a
couple of days after the release date. You can check your
back orders by going to the following link:
http://www.zanottimotor.com/hd_backorder.html or
going to the FAQ’s and clicking on item #3.

1) 41852-08A PAD Estamated Release Date 07/10/10
2) 41854-08 BRAKE KIT Estamated Release Date 06/04/10

Even though the back order date has come and gone HD
stills shows the item on back order. Hopefully the item
will not be much longer.

Also you are able now to check on the status of your order by
going to www.zanottimotor.com and click on “ Check on Special Order “
Your order will be under your customer number followed by the part number
and if in stock or on order. B/O following them item indicates the item is back ordered.
The date following indicates the date Harley expects to release the item to us.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:32 AM
trmac
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts

I don't think Zanotti's is an actual dealer - they just sell parts. I've only ordered from them once and one of the items had to be back ordered but they got it to me quicker than what the time estimate was. I'd have no problem buying from them again - pretty good discounts on most things. I peronally know of a few others that have bought from them and they were happy with the service.

Old 06-07-2010, 03:51 AM
Cheese Head
Tourer

Originally Posted by Albreave
On the flip side, I think most of us here realize we're paying a premium for reduced cost which comes at the price of time. If we need something immediately, we hit the local stealer. They are able to offer such low prices due to inventory control. They don't keep a huge stock of parts so they can offer them to us all at a substantial discount.
I figured there would be a delay in getting the parts - however, I never expected a 5-6 week backorder on something as routine as brake pads before they even prepare for shipping. That is why I placed the order now when I figured I wouldn't NEED the parts until mid-July. I never thought brake pads would be back ordered for six weeks. I tried to avoid purchasing anything form the German H-D dealers because much of the stuff costs twice as much as regular retail from a US Dealer. So those of you that think that US Dealers are "stealers" you ought to pay German (and I'm guessing UK and Australian) prices. US prices are a bargain, that is why I mail order everything. Even at regular price PLUS priority postage is much, much cheaper than buying locally.

Last edited by Cheese Head; 06-07-2010 at 05:31 AM.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:26 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 449 Likes on 244 Posts

My impression of Zanotti's has always been... in order to get that "discount" they take my money, and order that part, and then ship to me.

Which is how many internet "stores" operate. I buy in bulk, and in advance from Zanotti. When I need TODAY..... I shop locally. and even then... they may not have what I want in stock. but at least, I have a dozen dealerships I can call, to check.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:33 AM
King FLH
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 13 Posts

It'd be my guess that no one orders brake pads from them very often due to they are available locally and you're really not saving much mail ordering them, so they don't stock many "wear" items. I bet they don't stock many oil filters either. Aren't these discount mail order HD parts places more like drop shippers?

Old 06-07-2010, 06:37 AM
gunrunner68
5th Gear

Originally Posted by trmac
I don't think Zanotti's is an actual dealer - they just sell parts. I've only ordered from them once and one of the items had to be back ordered but they got it to me quicker than what the time estimate was. I'd have no problem buying from them again - pretty good discounts on most things. I peronally know of a few others that have bought from them and they were happy with the service.
Zanotti's is an actual dealer. They are located in Butler,PA.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beware of Zanotti Motor