Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers on my Dyna...AWESOME!!!

Old 03-27-2010, 05:45 PM
Sonny's World
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speakers on my Dyna...AWESOME!!!

Bought this system w/black speakers at Christmas...cost then was $139.95. Installed it and am running a small ipod shuffle to the amp. This (made in USA) 100 watt amp rocks. I can hear it clearly at 65 mph! I have the amp and extra wires etc. in my fork bag. I used a Powerlet kit to make a weatherproof port into my bag for wiring. I fashioned a dopey little fabric mount for the ipod to clip to. Bought a SAE to SAE extension and power the system off of my existing battery tender lead.

http://www.motorcyclespeakers.net/sh...s-177-prd1.htm

I don't know very much about watts, but I question Pyles (a similarly priced system) claim of 300 watts for their amp. If this amp was 3 times as powerful these speakers couldn't handle it.

Attached Thumbnails Speakers on my Dyna...AWESOME!!!-system.jpg   Speakers on my Dyna...AWESOME!!!-backofbag.jpg   Speakers on my Dyna...AWESOME!!!-ipod.jpg   Speakers on my Dyna...AWESOME!!!-sae-to-sae.jpg  

Last edited by Sonny's World; 03-27-2010 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:02 PM
bberck
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks good

Been thinking of buying something similar for mine.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:12 PM
jwlehman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That small fairing probably makes a world of difference in the quality of sound your getting. Sweet system!

The bag system that Joe sells is a great system...but I don't believe any system does well on a bike at high speeds with no fairing...just my 2 cents.

Old 03-27-2010, 06:51 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jwlehman
That small fairing probably makes a world of difference in the quality of sound your getting. Sweet system!

The bag system that Joe sells is a great system...but I don't believe any system does well on a bike at high speeds with no fairing...just my 2 cents.
I was thinking the same thing ... sometimes I wish there was some sort of low profile fairing offering for the FXDF.

Old 03-27-2010, 07:11 PM
freddyttt
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I rode around town last week at sundown with Joe's fork bag stereo and Bob Seger playing..... my god i was in heaven.

unfortunately i had to send it back to Joe for a quick fix up..;(

damn i miss it......

Old 03-27-2010, 08:09 PM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a set of "Rumble Roads" on a past bike, sold em to a buddy who put them on his obnoxiously loud sporty, and they sounded pretty descent even at highway speeds.

They were about 30 wpc, used 4" Alpine weather proof drivers, but @ 4"chers they are alot more obtrusive that the ones listed here. They were in what appeared to be KC daylighter lamp housings, which take up alot of realestate on the handle bars. They were also $350 for the set vs. under $150.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:31 PM
VTL nut
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Doh,
guess I should have followed the link 1st......

Old 03-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Sonny's World
Road Captain

I initially planned on getting Joe's Forkbag Stereo, but with my fairing and the FXD bar mounted speedo, there wasn't anyplace for it to be mounted. At least not where it would be close enough to me that I would be able to hear it well...or so I imagined. These 2 1/2" speakers are both unabtrusive and plenty loud.

Old 03-27-2010, 09:55 PM
TO34
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Im sold... Ill be adding those to my dyna as soon as I get my fairing. Thanks for the review.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:46 AM
Sonny's World
Road Captain

It now sells for $189.95. I must have got the Christmas sale price.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Speakers on my Dyna...AWESOME!!!