General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Legacy Vets?

Old 06-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Combat_Soldat
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legacy Vets?

Seen a few guys with a legacy vets mc patch the other day, and one of their prospects watchin the scoots at a bar. never seen them or heard of em before, are they a 1%er club?

Old 06-30-2010, 09:22 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't believe they are 1%. I am pretty sure they are somehow related to Vietnam Vets MC

Old 06-30-2010, 11:16 AM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by brettnbama
I don't believe they are 1%. I am pretty sure they are somehow related to Vietnam Vets MC
One club with 2 patches. Since our Vietnam vets won't be around forever, they needed someone to carry on the "Legacy".

Old 06-30-2010, 11:18 AM
brettnbama
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Roger. I just had a hard time wording it, good explanation.....

To the OP, the best way to find out about them is to ask a patch holder. Don't go trying to pry into "club business" but I bet if you ask one of them what's up, they would probably talk to you a little. I have talked to a few guys from LVMC and they were pretty good cats.

Last edited by brettnbama; 06-30-2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:08 PM
honestbob
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brettnbama
Roger. I just had a hard time wording it, good explanation.....

To the OP, the best way to find out about them is to ask a patch holder. Don't go trying to pry into "club business" but I bet if you ask one of them what's up, they would probably talk to you a little. I have talked to a few guys from LVMC and they were pretty good cats.
I think they are kinda like our Support Members. I know they are vets. By the way, did you make St. Augustine? CVMA 20-2

Old 06-30-2010, 05:20 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts
Old 06-30-2010, 10:32 PM
NR4TW
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Combat_Soldat
. . . are they a 1%er club?
No they aren't "1%er" idiots, but that doesn't stop the Vietnam Vets/Legacy Vets from acting like idiot thugs:

http://kennesaw.ga.us/archives/46/march%2014%202009.pdf

"Officers responded to a report of two motorcycle clubs fighting. Officers arrived and identified the two clubs as the Warrior Brotherhood and the Vietnam Veteran’s Motorcycle clubs. According to witnesses, members of the Warrior Brotherhood were inside the bar when 25 to 30 members of the Vietnam Veteran’s club came inside demanding the other club members remove their identifying club vests and jackets. A fight broke out when the Vietnam Veterans club members and persons who were not wearing the club’s colors began to physically remove the other club member’s jackets. One man, later identified as a 38 year old Alabama resident, left in a truck but was stopped by a Kennesaw State University officer. This man had held a knife to the throat of a Warrior Brotherhood club member. He was arrested and charged with 10 counts of robbery by intimidation, simple battery and public affray. His passenger, a 58 year old man from Florida, was arrested and charged with the same offenses as well as felon in possession of a firearm. A Warrior Brotherhood vest was found in the truck where he had been sitting. A total of 10 Warrior Brotherhood members reported having their vests stolen. Several other vehicles had fled the scene but were stopped and this led to 4 other people who were either members of the Vietnam Veterans club or allies of theirs being arrested. All were charged with 10 counts of robbery by intimidation, simple battery and public affray. These additional four are all from Tennessee and range in age from 58 to 60. There were several handguns and ammunition confiscated as well as a pair of brass knuckles. The event had been billed as poker run to collect funds for the Wounded Warrior Project."

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...e-veterans-day

"Joe Rodak, local boss of the Warrior Brotherhood Veterans Motorcycle Club, rolled up to the group's clubhouse after a 100-mile ride across Central Florida on Nov. 11 that included a visit to the National Cemetery in Bushnell to remember fallen soldiers.

An army of bikers, maybe 50, 60 strong, was waiting for him and his small, cruising entourage of aging veterans, neighbors, spouses and girlfriends.
"My first thought was, uh-oh, we're going to need a lot more hot dogs," said Rodak, 60, a heavily tattooed Vietnam vet and Bronze Star recipient who organized the Veterans Day weekend activities. The day was to conclude with a community cookout.

But the idling throng blocking the entrance to the rural clubhouse hadn't come for a picnic.

They beat Rodak in front of his wife and friends, cut his riding vest and colors from his body, and yanked down the club's banner and an American flag, witnesses told Lake County deputy sheriffs.

They were members of the Vietnam Veterans Motorcycle Club, a larger organization of motorcycle-riding military veterans, some of whom apparently consider Rodak's brood to be their rivals.

"They're gutless, cowards," said a neighbor, Alice Barney, 65. "Beating another veteran on Veterans Day, it's unAmerican."

Sheriff's detectives are investigating the beating, which sent Rodak to a hospital in DeLand, but have not made any arrests."

Old 07-01-2010, 12:18 AM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's just sad. NR4TW, thanks for posting that. Seems as if they forgot what's important.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:20 AM
NAMVET
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Media hype and half truths. Don't believe everything you see in print. Not everything that happens in the MC world meets everyones PC standards.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:49 AM
NR4TW
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NAMVET
Media hype and half truths. Don't believe everything you see in print. Not everything that happens in the MC world meets everyones PC standards.
No media hype at all in that first item. It's directly from the City of Kennesaw police "blotter," not a news reporting agency. Second it's a fact that Vietnam Vets "MC" members did in fact assault Rodak, so regardless of any perceived/alleged "hype," it did happen.

These are violent assaults, and have nothing to do with being "PC." Those people were acting like the gang banging thugs fighting over "colors" and "turf." Just because they ride motorcycles or claim to be veterans doesn't excuse their criminal acts.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Legacy Vets?