Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heritage front end

Old 08-02-2010, 10:48 PM
batone
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heritage front end

I know this is not the proper place for this post, but I tried to post this in the WTB section, but it said I did not have permission to access that page. Anyway, long story short, I purchased a 2007 Heritage Softail classic that was an eagle mark repo, and the guy I bought it from obviously robbed the stock front end off of it and replaced it with SHAT!! Took it to Harley shop for clanking in the front suspension and nothing on the front of the bike is stock or correct for the bike. In short, I am in need of an entire front end, tripple tree and complete fork assemblies. Prefer stock, not lowered. If anyone has any of these parts or knows someone that does, please let me know. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:09 AM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

You might want to check ebay. You might need to buy parts individually but you'll probably get most of what you need.

On a side note, clunking is not uncommon on the front ends when their loose. You might want to get a second opinion from and indy.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:32 AM
batone
Cruiser

A second opinion is not possible at this point, one, they have my front end completely disassembled and the bike is on a rack, and second, don't have an Indy shop anywhere in this area. This clunking was a lot more than a little noise, whenever I went over a large bump and the shocks separated, it sounds like they were going to come completely off. Sound could be heard by people standing 50 feet away. What happened is the guy I bought it from took the new front end off of this bike and replaced it with odd parts that don't really belong on the heritage. The front wheel was from another model, we know that because when they took it off and got ready to put it back on so I could make a trip to Panama City, they realized the wheel was missing the bearing spacer and the bearing was damaged. They tried to install a heritage spacer and then the wheel would not fit on the forks with the spacer. Right now, the right fork leg is lodged in the triple tree and they can't get it out, the left bushing that goes on the bottom of the legs to keep them snug in the lower sliders is jammed into the slider and they can’t get that out. The legs themselves are chromed, so we don't think those are stock and they have hammer marks all up and down both legs...not sure what the hell they did there. It makes me want to drive back to Georgia and beat the living Shat out of the lying *** that sold it to me. I got a pretty good deal on the bike, so I probably would have bought it any way, just can’t stand someone to lie about something to sell it. I have found a couple places on Ebay that have complete fork assemblies chromed for around $600.00, one is hccycles, and the other is cyclewarehouseonline. Do you know anything about either of these sellers? I just know that the dealership will tear me a new one if I get the parts there. Thanks for your response and I appreciate any help or suggestions you may have.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:53 PM
batone
Cruiser

First let me thank everyone for their thoughts and PM's concerning this. And now.....an update in case anyone is interested. Talked to the shop yesterday and found out that both internal legs are bent, so basically to be safe and because we can't tell what is actually a heritage part and what is not, I will need to replace all the parts on the front end. So with the front wheel, a new front tire and all the components for the front(inlcuding Chrome slider upgrade), labor and tax, comes to a grand total of about $3200.00. They did give me a 15% discount, so total will be around $2700.00. I sure hate to pay that, but I will just chalk it up to "stupid tax". Never buy a motorcyle from someone you don't know or can't check out. Got a really good deal on the bike, and saved a lot of money, now just got a regular deal. Anyway, probably could have saved a little by getting parts on ebay, but was afraid that if something went wrong, would be right back to square one, damaged parts and no one to take care of it but me. At least now, Harley will be responsible if something happens after they make the repairs. Thanks again to all who sent PM's.

Last edited by batone; 08-04-2010 at 10:51 PM.