Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ultra Limited -- How to adjust the passenger footboards

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 08:03 PM
TxCowboy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Limited -- How to adjust the passenger footboards

Hey, gang. Just picked up the Ultra Limited a few weeks back. My lovely wife is all of 5 feet tall and is having some difficulty with the passsenger footboards. Unless she's wearing high heels, she's having to tip toe on the footboards!

How adjustable are those footboards and can someone point me to where I can get information on make those adjustments!

Thanks!

Old 08-08-2010, 08:09 PM
xdanman
Tourer
Default re

I dont know about the LTDs, but on my 10 Ultra the floorboards were not adjustable. I got the reduced reach passenger kit #50789-99B for about $125. I did not want to go the $350 they wanted for the adjustable floorboard mount kit which looked really nice.My wife loves it, gets her legs off my saddlebag guard rails too.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:13 PM
WolfDog
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey, Tex, I had the right hand side of this weekend while installing a new full exhaust system, and noticed that when I took it off it was mounted on the top spot on the frame.
I know you did not want to hear that but take a look at yours and if you do not see a mounting hole just above the top of the mount yours are also mounted in the top spot.

My wife also complains of needing another place to mover her feet too when on long rides, last week I told her to put her feet up on the crash bar, so once she did that she was back and forth for rest of the trip.

I think Harley and Kurakian both make additions for additional foot placement, and I thiank Harley even makes a relocation mount that might solve you problem.

Good Luck and Ride Safe.....

Old 08-08-2010, 08:30 PM
sh57
Elite HDF Member

get yourself some kuryakyn adjustable passenger pegs. My wife loves them and she keeps the floorboards folded up most of the time, which also spares the back of my legs when backing up.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:48 PM
motorcyclelockman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1+ on SH 57. Kury adjustable passanger pegs are the best mod for my 4'9" wife. She puts her feet there, folds up the floorboards, and rest her heels on top of the floorboards. She is as content as she gets like that.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:49 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

Harley makes passenger highway peg mounts that're pretty reasonable. My wife loves 'em. She's 5'2", I've got the passenger boards in the middle position, and with the highway pegs back there, she's good for thousand-mile days.

Old 03-12-2013, 08:01 AM
BigSpanky
6th Gear
Smile

TxCowboy, I was wondering how you resolved your problem with those floorboards versus you wife's height? I just bought a 2013 HD Tri-Glide Ultra Classic 110 Anniversary Edition and my wife is only 4'11" tall, and she too is having to tiptoe on the passenger floorboard if not wearing heels....thought that those floorboards were adjustable up and down , but the sales guy at the HD store told me they weren't.....any feedback you could give me would be much appreciated. By the way, I am retired USAF, as is my older brother who lives there in San Antonio too.....

Attached Thumbnails Ultra Limited -- How to adjust the passenger footboards-img_0514.jpg  
Old 03-12-2013, 08:12 AM
mr396
Cruiser

my wife was having the same issue on the std passenger floorboards. I installed the this kit http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/159...Passenger-Pegs

Old 03-12-2013, 08:20 AM
Concours
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The passenger floorboards on the FLHTK are adjustable, however they come from the factory in the highest position. I bought the shorter reach floorboard mounts from HD and it solved the problem for my 5'2" wife.

Last edited by Concours; 03-12-2013 at 08:22 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 08:58 AM
BigSpanky
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Concours
The passenger floorboards on the FLHTK are adjustable, however they come from the factory in the highest position. I bought the shorter reach floorboard mounts from HD and it solved the problem for my 5'2" wife.
Curt, do you have a Product # for those mounts, cost? and how many inches higher did it raise the floorboard?

Thanks Much, Jim

Quick Reply: Ultra Limited -- How to adjust the passenger footboards