Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screaming Eagle slip ons and heavy breather

Old 09-01-2010, 04:53 PM
chromedome
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screaming Eagle slip ons and heavy breather

I am having SE Fatshotz and the SE stage 1 breather installed by the dealer (and of course the ECM download) I have the 103 engine and am happy with the performance as it is so any increase would be a bonus as far s I am concerned. That said... has anyone gone this route and can comment with their opinion..descriptive difference....satisfaction or disappointment? I'm not trying to open a discussion on what the better route would have be, (I know there are many) or what others have done alternatively...just looking for those who chose the same option as I have. Thanks

Old 09-01-2010, 05:31 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chromedome
I am having SE Fatshotz and the SE stage 1 breather installed by the dealer (and of course the ECM download) I have the 103 engine and am happy with the performance as it is so any increase would be a bonus as far s I am concerned. That said... has anyone gone this route and can comment with their opinion..descriptive difference....satisfaction or disappointment? I'm not trying to open a discussion on what the better route would have be, (I know there are many) or what others have done alternatively...just looking for those who chose the same option as I have. Thanks
I was just at my dealer talking about this and the service writer said they no longer did just stage 1 downloads you had to buy the SESPT kit at an extra $330 and then pay ~$40 for each down load.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:35 PM
chromedome
Road Master

Originally Posted by mtclassic
I was just at my dealer talking about this and the service writer said they no longer did just stage 1 downloads you had to buy the SESPT kit at an extra $330 and then pay ~$40 for each down load.
That's odd. Have an appointment Friday for the install of the stage 1 air kit, se slip ons and the ecm download. I had already purchased the slip ons from another dealer (using customer loyalty points). The appointment is for the install of them, the purchase and install of the stage 1 and the ecm download. Charging me $495.

Old 09-01-2010, 07:37 PM
LozoB
Tourer

You know what would be better...

Old 09-01-2010, 07:40 PM
chromedome
Road Master

Originally Posted by LozoB
You know what would be better...
LOL Funny

Old 09-01-2010, 08:16 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by chromedome
That's odd. Have an appointment Friday for the install of the stage 1 air kit, se slip ons and the ecm download. I had already purchased the slip ons from another dealer (using customer loyalty points). The appointment is for the install of them, the purchase and install of the stage 1 and the ecm download. Charging me $495.
sounds like the 330 for the SESPT is included in the 495.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:25 PM
chromedome
Road Master

Originally Posted by mtclassic
sounds like the 330 for the SESPT is included in the 495.
Ok. I'm confused. Is the SESPT a replacement for what I was referring to as an ECM download? If so...don't care as long as it's done as needed. But the numbers don't add up. The initial cost to install just the slip ons was $85. Purchasing the stage 1 cleaner was $140. Having it installed and the ecm download is $270.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:43 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

I have a 2009 Road King. After my 103 install (included 255 cams), I had a STG 2 ECM download, SE Touring slip ons, and a SE Air cleaner. The bike made 74 HP and 92 torque at that time, up from 68 HP and 78 TQ with Stg 1 download, a/c, and gutted stock mufflers. Dowloads get the bike going, a nice gain, but not nearly what can be had with a true tune- 84 HP, 103 TQ.

If I were you, I'd unbolt the existing mufflers (a 9/16" muffler clamp bolt and two 1/2" bolts at the rear) and slip the new mufflers on yourself, saving $85. You can drive it like that to the dealer (or anywhere else), then have them put the air cleaner on and the download. Downloads are usually $149, but I can tell you this- please consider sinking this money into a tuner like the SEPST module, a TTS, a PC-V and get the CDs and cables and do your own downloads/tunes later on if you plan to do other mods. The sunk cost of a download pays half on the tuner, unless you can truly resist the need for more from here on out. Good luck....

Old 09-01-2010, 08:44 PM
ELcruz
4th Gear

I had the same setup installed on my 2010 Limited from new. I rode it for almost a year that way and was happy with it. Just recently switched to the fullsac x-pipe & TTS tuner. wow what a difference now that the cats are gone - and the Fatshotz really came alive.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:53 PM
chromedome
Road Master

Originally Posted by RK09RK
I have a 2009 Road King. After my 103 install (included 255 cams), I had a STG 2 ECM download, SE Touring slip ons, and a SE Air cleaner. The bike made 74 HP and 92 torque at that time, up from 68 HP and 78 TQ with Stg 1 download, a/c, and gutted stock mufflers. Dowloads get the bike going, a nice gain, but not nearly what can be had with a true tune- 84 HP, 103 TQ.

If I were you, I'd unbolt the existing mufflers (a 9/16" muffler clamp bolt and two 1/2" bolts at the rear) and slip the new mufflers on yourself, saving $85. You can drive it like that to the dealer (or anywhere else), then have them put the air cleaner on and the download. Downloads are usually $149, but I can tell you this- please consider sinking this money into a tuner like the SEPST module, a TTS, a PC-V and get the CDs and cables and do your own downloads/tunes later on if you plan to do other mods. The sunk cost of a download pays half on the tuner, unless you can truly resist the need for more from here on out. Good luck....
Thought about taking a shot at doing the slip ons. I'm no wrench. Just heard stories of having a hard time getting the old ones off and not sure if there is some kind of sealant. etc you need to put on the slip ons before you put them on. Anyone?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Screaming Eagle slip ons and heavy breather