Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Olive Green Denim?

Old 08-31-2006, 08:56 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Olive Green Denim?

I was perusing the Harley site the other night, checking out a little bit of everything. Like a lot of other people, I really like the denim colors. Didn't expect to like anything but the black but the Pacific Blue and Pewter Denim paints look great in person. Especially on the Street Glide, the current object of my lust.

Been looking at the Classic Springer at the local dealer in Olive Pearl/Vivid Black and it's a great retro bike/color combination. It would look even better to install the black engine package from the Nightrain and install some black cermicoated fishtails. Throw on some brown leather bags and seat and you've got a cool, retro military bike with all the niceties of a new one. Of course, that leaves the problem of the shiny new gloss paint.

How about a new Denim color for `08? Olive Green Denim? I love the old military bikes so maybe something like that would appeal to others who are sick-minded and like a more understated bike. No chrome, no flashy paint. Would probably look cool on the Street Bob and Nightrain too.

I'm posting this here because all the sickos that actually pay extra for flat paint hang out here in the "Street Bob (and other Dynas) Forum".

Old 08-31-2006, 09:10 PM
Original Junior
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Olive Green Denim?

Just get some military CARC paint andd o it yourself. You'll have the same flat green that the miltary uses plus, in the event you get caught in a chemical attack while riding, you'll be able to wash the crap off your ride!

Old 08-31-2006, 09:21 PM
BeavisRules
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have already thought about this. When my denim bob finally starts to fade or look really bad I am going to paint it O.D. (Olive Drab) green. I think it would look really good with the right black accessories (or brown).

Old 09-01-2006, 12:46 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Totally off the subject..but since you mentioned some of the bikes you saw at the dealer...today I was at Williams HD in Lebanon, NJ, and they just got a CVO springer in this blue color w/some kind of graphics. All I can say is....SICK!!!!!!!! This was one of the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen. Funny thing is, if you check out the current issue of American Iron, there's a review of the bike (in a different color...which I didn't like nearly as much as the blue). In this review, there's a picture of a guy riding it...not sure if he's the author of the article, but it was hysterical....he was a BIG dude. He made that springer look tiny. So when I saw it in person, it looked a little more like I thought it would...thank god!

Todd

Old 09-01-2006, 01:25 AM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

When the guys got back from the war and the only bikes available were the military surplus Harleys. The first thing they did when they got them was to paint over the olive drab that they had been staring at overseas for entirely too long. Now you want to bring it back.

Old 09-01-2006, 02:07 AM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: veniculum

Totally off the subject..but since you mentioned some of the bikes you saw at the dealer...today I was at Williams HD in Lebanon, NJ, and they just got a CVO springer in this blue color w/some kind of graphics. All I can say is....SICK!!!!!!!! This was one of the most beautiful bikes I've ever seen. Funny thing is, if you check out the current issue of American Iron, there's a review of the bike (in a different color...which I didn't like nearly as much as the blue). In this review, there's a picture of a guy riding it...not sure if he's the author of the article, but it was hysterical....he was a BIG dude. He made that springer look tiny. So when I saw it in person, it looked a little more like I thought it would...thank god!

Todd

I was looking at that one on the website too. The two tone blue does look mighty interesting. Really cool bike too. I'm guessing it looks awesome in person!

Old 09-01-2006, 02:08 AM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Original Junior

Just get some military CARC paint andd o it yourself. You'll have the same flat green that the miltary uses plus, in the event you get caught in a chemical attack while riding, you'll be able to wash the crap off your ride!
Hey, not a bad idea! Never know when there's gonna be a gas attack. But can you clean it with Windex? [8D]

Old 09-01-2006, 02:10 AM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: BeavisRules

I have already thought about this. When my denim bob finally starts to fade or look really bad I am going to paint it O.D. (Olive Drab) green. I think it would look really good with the right black accessories (or brown).
I was thinking the same thing. Particularly after seeing a nice bobber in a magazine that was done in desert tan. Pretty cool!

Old 09-01-2006, 02:14 AM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: TXSwede

Now you want to bring it back.

Hell yeah! We've come full circle. They painted theirs flat black over the green. Now we can start painting our Black Denim Bobs green! [8D]