Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD LED Fuel Gauge

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 09:52 PM
jcmusic
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD LED Fuel Gauge

In looking at the instructions to install this gauge it says that the OE low fuel light will not work after the install. Does anyone know how to keep it working? It must be one of the wires which disables it, I can't find anything on it in my manual.

Jay

Old 09-23-2010, 12:01 AM
fixxr
Road Captain

A lot of the wires that run to your speedo and gauges run through a thing called a DATA-BUSS (that means 1 wire can have more than one signal going through it)It's not a missing wire,but a missing signal.

Old 09-23-2010, 03:50 AM
jcmusic
Tourer

Originally Posted by fixxr
A lot of the wires that run to your speedo and gauges run through a thing called a DATA-BUSS (that means 1 wire can have more than one signal going through it)It's not a missing wire,but a missing signal.
So exactly what does that mean? That there is no way to keep the low fuel light working after installing the new LED's?

Jay

Old 09-23-2010, 04:18 AM
Centerline
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by jcmusic
In looking at the instructions to install this gauge it says that the OE low fuel light will not work after the install. Does anyone know how to keep it working? It must be one of the wires which disables it, I can't find anything on it in my manual.

Jay
The low fuel light (icon) works on my bike and has since new along with the LED fuel guage. Didn't do the install myself, the dealer did as part of the purchase deal.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:56 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

So exactly what does that mean? That there is no way to keep the low fuel light working after installing the new LED's?

Jay
I don't kow if mine works or not. I haven't run it that low.

Last edited by jluvs2ride; 09-23-2010 at 04:59 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:03 AM
mang0
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

had mine installed at the stealers and the low fuel light still works--comes on about the time i have one LED light left

Old 09-23-2010, 05:15 AM
joe.1955
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 45 Posts

I installed my flush mount LED guage and gas cap.

The low fuel indicator still works the same as it did before.

There is also a "gas pump" icon that lights up on the LED guage - it stays on all the time and is not a low fuel indicator.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:39 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Mine works as normal with the LED Flush gauge. Comes on about the same time the 2nd to last LED drops out.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:45 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 147 Likes on 122 Posts

I changed mine and the fuel light still comes on when I get to the 38 miles left point. I think I remember reading someting like that when I installed the gage. But if I remember correctly it stated that the light that looks like a gas pump (looks like the low gas light on your dash) that is blue and on the gage itself is not a low fuel light.

Old 09-23-2010, 06:49 AM
Tripwire1
Tourer

Jay
It was an easy install, probably can Google the directions. My low fuel light still works but I have a 2010 WG.

Quick Reply: HD LED Fuel Gauge