The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biker names

Old 10-18-2010, 11:56 AM
arcticharleyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Biker names

So, I've been riding since Jezzus was in diapers. I've met a lot of peeps with biker names, but when they are in the office, rarely do you hear the biker name used. What's up with that? Do they change their name like they change their duds...only becoming bikers ont he weekends, or what?
BTW...I always have...and always will call my wife Babe or Sweetheart, whether on or off the bikes. She calls me Honey (cuz I'm sweet).

Old 10-18-2010, 12:01 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 47,778 Likes on 17,441 Posts

Originally Posted by arcticharleyman
So, I've been riding since Jezzus was in diapers. I've met a lot of peeps with biker names, but when they are in the office, rarely do you hear the biker name used.

Oh boy I can hear it now , " Ah BlueBalls , where are those distribution reports you promised for today ? "

Old 10-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Depends on the job. Personally, I don't want or need the conservative morons I work with know anything (or as little as possible) about my personal life. If your insinuating that people that use their real names at work aren't real bikers...well, then you're wrong.

By the way....here's the Golden Rule of Nicknames (or bikernames):

Part 1: You cannot make up your own nickname. End of story.

How ****ing lame is that? You’ve heard it. You’ve seen it. LAME. You can’t just decide one day what you think you should be called. Or, worse, what you think might be cool or whatever.

Only your friends (or enemies) and family can make up your nickname. If it’s something you don’t like, I suggest trying to be a better person. But either way, you have to live with it.

Part 2: You cannot demand people call you by your nickname.

Hippies and bikers are notorious for this ****. Two groups of people I’ve spent the majority of my adult life around. If your mother named you Joe, and your hippie friends call you Moonbeam, people you meet in the future have the choice of either calling you Joe or Moonbeam – their choice, not yours.

If your real name is Mary, and your biker nickname is Blondie, then people can call you either Mary or Blondie, you cannot demand people call you Blondie. This happened to me recently. A grizzled old biker couple I know had a little get together over at their house one summer afternoon. I was introduced to the hostess. She informed me that her real name was Mary, but everyone calls her Blondie.

Well, an hour or so later I need directions to the restroom, found the hostess and asked,

“Mary, which way to the bathroom?”

Mary (Blondie) replies sternly,

“It’s Blondie. The bathroom is over there.”

I’m thinking, ummmm...ahhhh, no it ain’t bitch. It’s Mary. Your mother named you that, you just told me. And yeah, she mentioned everyone calls her Blondie, but I’m not everyone. I’m someone she just met. I’m a stranger. The way I look at it, I don’t have the right nor reason to call her that. I don’t know this woman. A nickname is something that close friends and family affectionately (most of the time) refer to you as. It’s derived from your actions or your personality or your appearance…not by what you want people to call you.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:30 PM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 102 Likes on 67 Posts

I guess I'm stuck with F*ckstick...

Old 10-18-2010, 01:35 PM
scoteh
Club Member
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by fleabite
Depends on the job. Personally, I don't want or need the conservative morons I work with know anything (or as little as possible) about my personal life. If your insinuating that people that use their real names at work aren't real bikers...well, then you're wrong.

By the way....here's the Golden Rule of Nicknames (or bikernames):

Part 1: You cannot make up your own nickname. End of story.

How ****ing lame is that? You’ve heard it. You’ve seen it. LAME. You can’t just decide one day what you think you should be called. Or, worse, what you think might be cool or whatever.

Only your friends (or enemies) and family can make up your nickname. If it’s something you don’t like, I suggest trying to be a better person. But either way, you have to live with it.

Part 2: You cannot demand people call you by your nickname.

Hippies and bikers are notorious for this ****. Two groups of people I’ve spent the majority of my adult life around. If your mother named you Joe, and your hippie friends call you Moonbeam, people you meet in the future have the choice of either calling you Joe or Moonbeam – their choice, not yours.

If your real name is Mary, and your biker nickname is Blondie, then people can call you either Mary or Blondie, you cannot demand people call you Blondie. This happened to me recently. A grizzled old biker couple I know had a little get together over at their house one summer afternoon. I was introduced to the hostess. She informed me that her real name was Mary, but everyone calls her Blondie.

Well, an hour or so later I need directions to the restroom, found the hostess and asked,

“Mary, which way to the bathroom?”

Mary (Blondie) replies sternly,

“It’s Blondie. The bathroom is over there.”

I’m thinking, ummmm...ahhhh, no it ain’t bitch. It’s Mary. Your mother named you that, you just told me. And yeah, she mentioned everyone calls her Blondie, but I’m not everyone. I’m someone she just met. I’m a stranger. The way I look at it, I don’t have the right nor reason to call her that. I don’t know this woman. A nickname is something that close friends and family affectionately (most of the time) refer to you as. It’s derived from your actions or your personality or your appearance…not by what you want people to call you.
And, where did you come up with the "rules" for nicknames. My "rule" is that I call people what they want to be called. Sometimes mama and/or pappy weren't very good with their choice of a name. There are a lot of people I know of whom I have no idea what their given name is, and don't need to know. You can call me *******, and you won't be the first to do so! Or last either.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

^^^
sorry, that nickname is taken already LOL

Old 10-18-2010, 02:43 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile

Sure glad "Dink-strap" is already taken.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:09 PM
krwould
Club Member

Received 1,285 Likes on 1,005 Posts

I always liked "Booger" but no one would call me that! My nephew who is almost 30 now still uses the one given to me in the early 70's but threw uncle in front of it... there are maybe two other people who use it to this day or know it.. It is funny because thats the name he always heard growin up... must be gettin old.. Hehe!

Old 10-18-2010, 03:27 PM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by scoteh
And, where did you come up with the "rules" for nicknames. My "rule" is that I call people what they want to be called. Sometimes mama and/or pappy weren't very good with their choice of a name. There are a lot of people I know of whom I have no idea what their given name is, and don't need to know. You can call me *******, and you won't be the first to do so! Or last either.
Ummm....read it again (or for the first time), the rule is....you can't make up your own nickname. You can call people whatever you want.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:34 PM
bubbabear
Road Master
Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

They call me Bubba at work and out riding.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Biker names