Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fork brace for Dyna?

Old 10-28-2010, 11:38 AM
Streetbob Bomber
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fork brace for Dyna?

Wanting to take the front fender off my ride soon, lookin to see what fork brace is best for function and style, was lookin at the RSD ones but not sure if they make them for the dyna models. Anyone on here run a brace and notice a difference with it on?

Old 10-28-2010, 12:07 PM
C-Cat
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hard to tell, because I did the True Track Stabilzers at the same time. I'd do the stabilzers first, see how it rides and then do the fork brace. Our Streetbob's have 49mm forks, but the fork brace still has to help. I've got the Super Brace, the chrome really pops on it.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:16 PM
Shags
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a chrome superbrace for 49mm forks. Pm me if u want to purchase it. Brand new.

Old 10-28-2010, 12:28 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i have a superbrace... LOVE IT!!!!!! i ride my bike like a sport bike, there is a huge diff wiht it! i also have a damper

Old 10-28-2010, 01:22 PM
BigLowRider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A Superbrace made a huge improvement on my 39mm forks (2003 FXDL). They used to be advertisers on this forum but it looks like they aren't anymore. The only thing I don't like about the Superbrace is that it is not chrome, it's a polished metal and I have to keep hitting it with metal polish to keep the shine.

I'm not that familiar with fenderless setups but won't the fork brace look a little odd without the fender?

BigLow

Old 10-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the RSD braces, but want one to fit on the tabs that my fender was mounted to. I think I am going to make one.

Old 10-28-2010, 03:25 PM
blackmopar
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Robbie13
I like the RSD braces, but want one to fit on the tabs that my fender was mounted to. I think I am going to make one.
I made one similar to the RSD unit - Ive run my bike with and without and there is def a difference. The superbrace type design is probably stiffer than my version and can be run wuth a fender.

Custom Cycle Engineering offers a better looking one (IMO) than superbrace and same design about the same price I think.

Heres a sh1tty pic of mine and a shot of the CCE unit

Attached Thumbnails Fork brace for Dyna?-frontbraceside.jpg   Fork brace for Dyna?-cce-49mm-fork-truss.jpg  
Old 10-28-2010, 05:57 PM
Robbie13
LOSER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, that's about what I had in mind. Did you use 2" flatbar?

Old 10-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Denny69
Road Captain

Originally Posted by JRK5892
i have a superbrace... LOVE IT!!!!!! i ride my bike like a sport bike, there is a huge diff wiht it! i also have a damper
I have a question. In the instructions, it says to jack up bike to install. If this is not done, and the bike is simply stood upright with no weight on it and brace put on, could this cause improper tread wear? Cupping?

Old 10-28-2010, 09:01 PM
MarineMike
Cruiser

I've been running my superbrace without a fender for about 2 years now and love the look. I go for the bomber style. Performance is not lost at all. When I first put it on I could not really tell a difference in perfomance but for one or two times the bike cut the corners tighter. Like JRK, I ride it like I stole it!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fork brace for Dyna?