Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best tuner?

Old 11-16-2010, 12:10 AM
jdalhaus
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Best tuner?

I'm sure this is a subject thats been beat to death somewhere, but I'm just looking for quick answers. Hopefully this is as easy as knowing which is the best tuner for a 6.0 Powerstroke. I'm wondering which is the best tuner for my bike (mods in sig) that will allow for future upgrades such as increasing displacement, adjusting the idle (darn EFI) etc., etc., and work around these dang O2 sensors. Power Commander? What else is available? Call me a newbie - I've been around Harleys for years, but I know nothing about these closed loop systems...

Old 11-16-2010, 12:34 AM
roadgliderick
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i have used them all so i just bought a thundermax TBW from what i was told u find a base map on the software down load it and from that point on it learns to adjust on any mods u make. zippers told me it can handle anything. i get it next week once i install i will update.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:29 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I'm no wrench by any means but, a PC-V with Auto Tune by Fuel Moto will be hard to beat! +1 year extended warranty, & lifetime support & maps +hard to beat service!! You will be hard pressed to find a better vendor! This is a "no brainer"! My

PS: Welcome to the forums!!

Last edited by 07FLHT; 11-16-2010 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Welcome!
Old 11-16-2010, 02:08 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I love the term "lifetime"............ Has anyone ever owned a product for a "lifetime"? Riddle me this; if you buy something that has a "lifetime" warranty, and it fails in 10 years, and the company is no longer in business; what do you do? Or does "lifetime" mean the life of the company that sells it?

I always wondered......

Old 11-16-2010, 02:24 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by JonnyD
I love the term "lifetime"............ Has anyone ever owned a product for a "lifetime"? Riddle me this; if you buy something that has a "lifetime" warranty, and it fails in 10 years, and the company is no longer in business; what do you do? Or does "lifetime" mean the life of the company that sells it?

I always wondered......
Moms & Pops took a chance on a"Lifetime" warranty on chest freezer from Sear's in 1942! Sear's came & changed the lid seal 5 years ago... NO charge! Freezer still running! Sometimes it does pay off!

Old 11-16-2010, 02:37 AM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07FLHT
Moms & Pops took a chance on a"Lifetime" warranty on chest freezer from Sear's in 1942! Sear's came & changed the lid seal 5 years ago... NO charge! Freezer still running! Sometimes it does pay off!
That's great; Never heard of a lifetime warranty on a freezer, but ok. Sears, ok, I can see them offering up a lifetime warranty, and some may actually benifit from it; But what about companies that offer these warranties, and let's be honest, and may never be in business for more than a few years? Can anyone say they'll be in business for 20 more years and feel good about it? I've worked at a company for 20 years, that's been in busniness for 48 years, and with the economy, they have had their struggles. And we're not dealing in cyclical commodities, like MC parts.

Just giving my midnight take on things

Old 11-16-2010, 03:56 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

"Your lifetime vs. Their lifetime" in Fuel Moto's case there is no "extra" charge so, who looses? I'm about to throw away a Fuel Pack from V&H because it's obsolete for my current & future applications! And that's V&H! Happy with what I now have & happy with my "lifetime" support from Fuel Moto! New build this winter, new base map from Jamie! Changes next year, free base map from Jamie, if there still around! I'm banking they'll be somewhat like Sear's!

Old 11-16-2010, 04:45 AM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 07FLHT
" I'm about to throw away a Fuel Pack from V&H because it's obsolete for my current & future applications! And that's V&H!
You don't have to throw it away, they'll still fetch a hundred bucks or so on ebay.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:12 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JonnyD

I always wondered......
Same thing happened to me with my Ridemaxx tuner. It was still under warranty after it failed and AMFD was out of business.

It wasn't a lifetime warranty but it didn't matter at that point.

Old 11-16-2010, 05:15 AM
07FLHT
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by boogaloodude
You don't have to throw it away, they'll still fetch a hundred bucks or so on ebay.
Thanks dude, But I don't have a pay pal account & not computer savvy enough (or trusting enough) to try to set one up! Anyone interested PM me & I'll ship it to you for $50.00 on your honor!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best tuner?