Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big Boyz Head Work? Opinions Please...

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 02:05 AM
Dyna_in_the_works
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Big Boyz Head Work? Opinions Please...

Still kinda new to this forum stuff so if im stepping on toes or in the wrong place kindly direct me to the right one LOL...

Now that thats outta the way Id like to know who has used the "street" head work by Big Boyz and what kind of impression you have. If possible id like to know what results with what setups everyone has. And also if there is anything comparable to the Big Boyz "street" head work someone else has used and likes.

Tryin to get to that magical 100/100 while maintaining reliability and rideablility. Did i mention its not in my budget to spend 1200 just on heads??? LMAO

Thanks in advance for any help you all can offer, and cheers!!
Oh, and call me ROSCOE

Old 11-17-2010, 02:13 AM
thedonthere
Outstanding HDF Member

http://deweysheads.com/ Don Dorfman did my heads and my 97" bore. My bike rips, Check him out.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:08 AM
Dyna_in_the_works
Tourer

Originally Posted by thedonthere
http://deweysheads.com/ Don Dorfman did my heads and my 97" bore. My bike rips, Check him out.
Awesome thanks!
Thats deffinatly in my price range, so youre pleased with his work?
Could you give me more specs on your build? Ever been dyno'd? Im chasing that unicorn. LOL
Im starting out with an 05 fxdxi i have another thread listing what i have and what id like if you care to give your advice.

Old 11-17-2010, 07:39 AM
redrubicon2004
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have had quite a bit of work done by www.larrysmotorcyclemachine.com Larry has been porting heads for years and really knows his way around 95" Twin Cams. He did my heads, bored my cases, bored my old cylinders, welded and trued my crank, did my timken bearing upgrade. I just picked up a set of EVO heads from him for my winter EVO build. Joe Knapp, a member here is also using his heads with great results.

I'm not going to blow a bunch of hot air and say he is the best around, but definatley someone to look into. There are tons of good porters out there. Give them a call and talk to them personally and see what they have to say. If you call Larry, leave a message. He will call you back.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:05 AM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

In Don's signature, third line down, he has posted "103hp 106tq" ... guess if you could match his build, you'd have met your goal ....

R/
'Chop

Old 11-17-2010, 09:17 AM
paul s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm happy with my Big Boyz heads, WFO Larry and Deweys/Don are also well known and respected porters and you can't go wrong with any of them.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Dyna_in_the_works
Tourer

Guys thanks so much for the advice youve offered up, i really appreciate it. Ill keep everyone poeted on the progress, and I know Ill have alot more questions for everyone. Thanks again...

CHEERS!!:icon_beerch ug::i con_beerchug: