Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin Eagle 254E Cams

Old 01-02-2011, 10:11 PM
Big Pete
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Screamin Eagle 254E Cams

I'm interested in the new SE254E and was wondering if anyone has actually fitted these to their bike and their thoughts on them and any Dyno Sheets, i've done a search and there is a little bit on them but seems no one has tried them out as yet,
I've got a 2011 Street Glide 103 ABS security and cruise control have just fitted the SE Fatshotz mufflers a couple of weeks ago and have a Ventilator A/C to fit along with SEPST
Been looking at the Fuelmoto 2-1-2 headpipes to get rid of the cat headpipe and was thinking while headpipe is off why not do a cam upgrade as well because it will happen eventually
I've read people thoughts on them compared to the SE255 and the woods cams options as well, so hoping to hear from someone who has actually tried the SE254E cams

Regards
Big Pete

Old 01-02-2011, 10:12 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

i have the hd 259-E cams, and my 103 with 10.5 compression ratio runs really crisp. the 259-E cams have .579" of lift, and work great throughout the powerband, lacking nothing anywhere. it pulls strong from off idle to redline at 6200 rpm's. check out the 259-e's

Old 01-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Big Pete
Advanced

Thanks emwolb
I just been looking at that kit but not sure if i want to go that with a new bike just yet, but then the more i look at it the more interesting it becomes, maybe an upgrade to do later on with some headwork ??

Old 01-03-2011, 03:35 AM
Big Pete
Advanced
Question

just bumping up must be someone has fitted these cams

Old 01-03-2011, 04:27 AM
PadreL
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to know, too. Been looking at those since I saw them in the Screamin Eagle catalog, but have not seen any opinions.

Old 01-03-2011, 05:23 AM
havenolife
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Those cams like high rpms not right for a touring bike but if you like to shift above 3000-3500 rpms why not

Old 01-03-2011, 05:46 AM
Big Pete
Advanced

Havenolife have you fitted these cams or know someone who has, just trying to find someone who has actually experienced these cams, just going by the screamin eagle catalogue they say they're ok for some touring bikes and a good torque cam

this is straight from the SE catalogue
SE -254E C am Kit
This cam provides great low-end torque along with
good midrange. A good “all-around” cam, the SE-254E is a good match for a Dyna, Softail or light T ouring bike
- R oad King®, Street G lide® or R oad G lide® Custom -
when the aggressive rider desires a little more top-end
horsepower. In a 0-60 sprint or 1/4 mile drag race, the
SE-254E-equipped model would pull ahead of an identical
model with a SE-255 cam.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:01 AM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

FWIW, when I was contemplating throwing 255's into my 96" I consulted with Doc at Doc's Performance Tuning (Formerly HDMD), who is a great authority on these issues. He recommended that I go with the 254E cam ONLY IF I had to stay with SE cams for warranty purposes. He said they will give same or better all around power with less heat. His top recommendation was the Andrews 26. All of this was based on a stock compression 96" though. Wish I could be of more assistance.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:09 AM
Big Pete
Advanced

Thanks jpalm
Any assistance is better then none and while i've been doing research on here i've come across the great service by Doc's Performance Tuning mentioned by a lot of members on here so having you relay what his thoughts are on the 254E cam is a great help, thankyou

Old 01-03-2011, 06:12 AM
jpalm
Road Captain
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Another thing. I just saw that you have a new bike and I thought knowing my situation might be useful to you. I don't know how it differs in Australia, but here, when I was looking to just change my cams I was told by some dealers that it will void my warranty and was told by others that it won't. This was even while in my initial 60 day post-purchase period, when all upgrades are supposed to be covered. I even called corporate and was told that it is up to the individual dealers to interpret the warranty. That is fine if the dealer that does it will warranty it, but what happens when I break down away from home near a dealer that interprets it differently?

Not telling you this to discourage you from doing it, just making sure you have some more information. I finally decided that I'll stick with my stage 1 until the warranty runs out and then I'll do whatever I want.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Screamin Eagle 254E Cams