Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive 412 shock review

Old 01-09-2011, 11:27 AM
lukemc7
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Progressive 412 shock review

I installed a Pair of Progressive's 412 HD 11" shocks on my 08 Street Bob. Installation was real easy took me and a friend about 3 beers (45 minutes) to install. Took it for a ride and I was incredibly suprised to find that they ride better than stock even though they are shorter, tried them on the middle setting and had no problems with bottoming out and tried to hit every bump I could find. Instead of jarring me like the stock shocks they kind of let me float over the bumps like shocks should and they look alot better than stock shocks. I would recommend these shocks to anyone great product at a good price. First picture is before and second is after, sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures. If anyone has any other questions about these shocks or anything else let me know. Ride safe!

Attached Thumbnails Progressive 412 shock review-img_20101222_162301.jpg   Progressive 412 shock review-new-shocks.jpg  
Old 01-09-2011, 11:44 AM
heinigerich@yahoo.com
Cruiser

Nice looking bob, are you gonna drop the front to match? If you ever change air cleaners, I can take that black stocker off you hands.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:40 PM
animalnoll
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks good....where did you get that sissy bar??

Old 01-09-2011, 01:47 PM
leepetersusn
Tourer

It looks like it dropped the rear fender over the tire very nicely. I wonder how that shock would handle with a passenger.

Old 01-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Progressive Suspension
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Pretty cool! PM us with your info and we'll send you a Progressive Tshirt!

Originally Posted by lukemc7
I installed a Pair of Progressive's 412 HD 11" shocks on my 08 Street Bob. Installation was real easy took me and a friend about 3 beers (45 minutes) to install. Took it for a ride and I was incredibly suprised to find that they ride better than stock even though they are shorter, tried them on the middle setting and had no problems with bottoming out and tried to hit every bump I could find. Instead of jarring me like the stock shocks they kind of let me float over the bumps like shocks should and they look alot better than stock shocks. I would recommend these shocks to anyone great product at a good price. First picture is before and second is after, sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures. If anyone has any other questions about these shocks or anything else let me know. Ride safe!

Old 01-09-2011, 02:30 PM
lukemc7
Cruiser
Default replies

Heinigerich- Thanks, No plans on dropping the front, I like the look now. All I did for the cleaner cover was have it powder coated flat black, I think it cost me $45. I just took the decal ring off before I sent it and put it back on with some gorilla glue. But I like the look of the stock cover so Im gonna keep it.

Animalnoll- I built it just a peice of hex stock stainless steel bent it up with some oxy-acetleyne tourches and fabbed up some brackets and welded them on the bar. I may be taking it off to build one a little different in the near future if your interested in it ill send you a message if I do.

Leepetersusn- Had my friend sit on it with me just to see how close we would be and I think it would be fine with the shocks set on the Firmest setting.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:36 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lukemc7
Your weight would be a useful piece of info to provide here.

Old 01-09-2011, 02:47 PM
lukemc7
Cruiser

Originally Posted by parts eeter
Your weight would be a useful piece of info to provide here.
Good call!!!

Im 6ft 235lbs

Old 01-09-2011, 02:52 PM
animalnoll
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Luke- I just may be interested in it. Let me know.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:08 PM
Big Jed
Advanced

looks nice man. That is the same set up I have and I love it too. I started out on the middle setting and it was perfect for just me but I had to move it up one more setting when the wife got on (it was either do that or tell the wife to lose a few pounds). I got sick of moving it all the time and now I just leave it set up for two up riding and its still rides nice even when I'm solo.

Attached Thumbnails Progressive 412 shock review-dscf0301.jpg  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Progressive 412 shock review