Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Race Tuner or Power commander v

Old 01-22-2011, 05:43 AM
tkb540
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race Tuner or Power commander v

2007 fatboy stage 1 air cleaner, reinhart 2 into 1 exhaust. I am considering a big bore kit in the future if that sways your opinion.

Which fuel management system would you buy????

Thanks Tim

Old 01-22-2011, 07:38 AM
WAhog
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tkb540
2007 fatboy stage 1 air cleaner, reinhart 2 into 1 exhaust. I am considering a big bore kit in the future if that sways your opinion.

Which fuel management system would you buy????

Thanks Tim
I have a PC3 with Autotune and the bike runs very well, no popping, good pickup, flies when I open it up, much better than with the old SERT but I can't vouch for the new version of SERT.

I'm not sure how much the autotune adds to the equation, hard to tell, but always seem to run well.

C

Old 01-22-2011, 08:19 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 813 Likes on 799 Posts

I've had two bike and the son has had 3 with SERT/SEProTuner

We have never had 1 second of problem with them. If I got another new bike, it'd still be a SE Protuner.

Never had a PC. lots of members have. most like them.

Personally I don't care for the piggy back hook up,, just me.. I have read were some have had issues with them.

There's several other self tuner out there now.. just need to read up on them..

Most like what they have and if their a good one U'll hear about them in here..

Old 01-22-2011, 08:34 AM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I like the PCV

Old 01-22-2011, 08:55 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

If I had it to do again, I'd probably go with the Power Vision.

Old 01-22-2011, 09:00 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Power Vision looks like the wave of the future.

Old 01-23-2011, 04:30 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
Power Vision looks like the wave of the future.
Yeah, after reading up on it and seeing how it works, I believe it (and other tuning devices like it) will render all the others obsolete in the next few years.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:24 AM
UltraDuke
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with the fuelmoto tuner. i ran a pcIII on my deuce. was a great setup. i dabbled with the settings alot. bike ran like a scalded dog. now i dont tinker as much. the folks at fuel moto set up my map and the bike runs great. a plus is if i make anychanges they will send me a map. from having the pcIII i know how to upload the maps myself. so i save the dough of taking it to a dealer.

Old 01-23-2011, 10:17 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 203 Posts

Had a PC III, it worked OK. Changed it out a few years ago for the ThunderMax Autotune, and it has worked great. Both units enjoy great support - Zippers and Fuel Moto both stand behind their respective tuners and provide exceptional support and guidance.

The new PowerVision seems to perhaps be the way of the future, although last I heard they haven't completed the line and are still developing some of the parts of the system. It seems to have some attractive advancements, but as it has only just been released it will take some time before I'm convinced it lives up to the hype. It certainly isn't going to be a cheap solution regardless.

Lastly, my buddy went to a pretty well-known tuner in the area, and I was able to pick his brain a bit. His best recommendation was to go with the TTS Mastertune, and get the bike into the hands of a proficient tuner with a dyno. Knowing what I know now, that is very sage advice.

I happen to like to tinker and learn, and the TMax has served the purpose well for me as it will auto-correct pretty quickly if something is amiss (to a certain extent) with the chosen base map. There's a pretty good YouTube video by one of the HTT guys which takes a bike that has been made rich and lean by 20% and the Autotune makes the corrections on the fly while you watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHWp37lsi9c

For the frequency that most actually modify the running configuration of their engine, the TTS and dyno would get to optimal run state for max riding enjoyment.

Roger

Old 01-24-2011, 03:08 PM
1 Kool "MoFo"
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in the same boat don't no wich way to GO ? " SCREAMIN EAGLE ST PERFORMANCE" or POWER COMMANDER ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Race Tuner or Power commander v