Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley handlebar boom speaker and amp kit

Old 02-04-2011, 08:29 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Harley handlebar boom speaker and amp kit

Anybody in this section have the harley handlebar boom speaker and amp fitted .... cant find out the power output on their site or indeed any other ..... like the look but if they dont have the performance no point in buying them might as well get the cycle sounds premier 3 set up ......

Old 02-04-2011, 10:28 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skulltrainharley
anybody in this section have the harley handlebar boom speaker and amp fitted .... Cant find out the power output on their site or indeed any other ..... Like the look but if they dont have the performance no point in buying them might as well get the cycle sounds premier 3 set up ......
mimo has it on his fatboy, if i can recall he doesnt recommend it but you should pm him.

Old 02-04-2011, 10:52 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior

BOBBEREV088 .....Thank you !

Old 02-04-2011, 11:02 AM
rcmty
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the Harley boom speaker system on my Heritage. I bought the kit that mounts to your windshield and I love mine. I have the rush full exhaust system on with standard baffles which are loud and I have no problem hearing mine on open hwy up to about 70 mph and thats using a small Ipod shuffle. Just crusing around I don't even have to run it turn all the way up. I think the windsheild model deflects the sound back to the driver much better than the ones that mount on your bars. Installing was super easy only took about 1 hour to install. Well worth the money and some. Hope this helps

Old 02-04-2011, 11:06 AM
SMF
Banned

Anytime bro, mimo doesnt have a windshield and says they are not loud enough if i recall

Old 02-04-2011, 11:23 AM
rcmty
Tourer
Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Harley Boom Speakers

I also heard people say the bar mounted speakers didn't have enough volume and I can't speak about them, But I can say something is wrong with your hearing if you can't hear the one like I have behind the windshield. I love mine and they work great on my bike for me!! I can see where the bar mounted speakers wouldn't be as loud.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:04 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

J&M mhas handlebar speakers will get you what you need. Listen to my video...I can get them at a nice discount for you too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ftn7yqCXig

Old 02-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Aaron 09FXDB
Cruiser

The kit that Dr. Vtwin mentioned is a great kit. Sounds great. There's a number of very good reviews on here, which is why I bought them. I have some for sale. Its the J&M MHAS-2008 handlebar speaker kit. I was planning on tucking the speakers under my fairing but it doesn't fit well, so I am selling them. The Boom audio is nice with the volume controls, however the J&M kit sounds better.

Old 02-07-2011, 07:22 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

The J&M has a volume control on the left speaker. It makes adjusting the volume a breeze. I avhe no problem taking my left hand off teh grip for a second as I ride with a tank shifter on the left side.

Drew

Old 02-08-2011, 06:12 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior

Drew .... Thank you for taking the time to download the video .... big fan of what you have done to your ride as you know and also the later mods not shown on it .... but i am trying to place reason over looks and i just cant get on with the design of the J&M speakers just seem to like the black plain look of the cycle sounds kit .... Also if anyone is interested found a video on youtube on the Harley boom speaker handlebar kit and the amp is just 50 watt so cant imagine to much can be heard at speed .....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Harley handlebar boom speaker and amp kit