Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob Intake, Exhaust, and Tuner What would you do?

Old 02-11-2011, 07:43 PM
johnathon.sprague
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fat Bob Intake, Exhaust, and Tuner What would you do?

My wife is going to let me pick out these 3 items for my birthday. They will go on a stock 2009 Fat bob. Ive been doing a little research and think the TTS mastertune, and a 2 into 1 exhaust may be the way to go. I'm looking for style and sound but not at the expense of performance. With all the products out there right now, there is no way to review them all. What would you guys buy?

Old 02-11-2011, 10:03 PM
jwlehman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My choice is obvious in my pic...but I sometimes wish I had the Big Radius 2-into-2 to change out once in a while.

Old 02-11-2011, 10:33 PM
neocontra
Banned

For me it would be the ventilator air cleaner, a fuelpak or xieds, and a nice 2 into 1 exhaust (I like the bub lakesters).

Old 02-11-2011, 10:59 PM
On Deck
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

TTS, CAMS, and a good TUNE!! - you can do the rest of the stuff later cuz you'll change your mind 100 times after hangin out on this forum!!

Old 02-11-2011, 11:08 PM
Los11
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnathon.sprague
My wife is going to let me pick out these 3 items for my birthday. They will go on a stock 2009 Fat bob. Ive been doing a little research and think the TTS mastertune, and a 2 into 1 exhaust may be the way to go. I'm looking for style and sound but not at the expense of performance. With all the products out there right now, there is no way to review them all. What would you guys buy?
I would go with the TTS for sure great tuner, Fat Cat for your 2-1 its by far the best performance wise I have been searching for a 2-1 for my project and after TONS of research the Fat Cat is the way to go and for the money you cant beat the Screamin Eagle Heavy Breather or you can do a AN Big Sucker..

Getting the TTS will give you great tuning for future add ons and the Fat Cat aswell..

Old 02-11-2011, 11:09 PM
WarLizard
Banned

The TTS is generally considered the best tuner and you are correct that 2 into 1's give the best performance and,IMO, sound. No offense to VH BR owners, but they are
Known as " limp dicks " for a reason. All show and no go and the obvious physical resemblance. Thunderheader , D&D, Supertrapp, VH ( pro- pipe ), Samson and others all make quality 2 into 1's. I am leaning toward a company called Hacker Exhaust, product is called " war header" for my '11 FBob. You can search here or the web for dyno results for most systems. You want your power in the low and mid-range rpm's as you didn't buy a Harley to run at 6K.

Old 02-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Los11
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WarLizard
The TTS is generally considered the best tuner and you are correct that 2 into 1's give the best performance and,IMO, sound. No offense to VH BR owners, but they are
Known as " limp dicks " for a reason. All show and no go and the obvious physical resemblance. Thunderheader , D&D, Supertrapp, VH ( pro- pipe ), Samson and others all make quality 2 into 1's. I am leaning toward a company called Hacker Exhaust, product is called " war header" for my '11 FBob. You can search here or the web for dyno results for most systems. You want your power in the low and mid-range rpm's as you didn't buy a Harley to run at 6K.
Just a heads up that Hacker Exhaust used to be HackerPipes I dealt with them years ago for a bike I was building basically they were a copy cat company.. I dont know if they changed ownership or whatever and maybe they are better but honestly there stuff looks like a copy of the Bub pipe, the Fat Cat etc etc only with a heat sheild that has holes in them.. I mean for that price I rather go with Rinehart or D&D just my .02.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:01 AM
WarLizard
Banned

Input appreciated. I have been going back and forth between Samson, Kerker, Hacker and D & D for 2 into 1's. I also still like the classic Rinehart 2 into 2's. As far as Hacker copying, they are all similar in many ways as there are only so many variations. I may end up drawing straws to choose. A big factor for me is not having something that everyone else has. Never liked being in the herd.

Old 02-12-2011, 12:15 AM
T-Dub
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On my 2010 I have a Power-commander, V/H big radius 2/2 pipes, and Arlen Ness big sucker kit. It sounds freakin' awesome and runs great.

Old 02-12-2011, 01:06 AM
FXDFan
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yup, V&H BR 2-2, RSD intake and the PC-V with a dyno tune, love the look, sound etc. Add in the woods cams and all smiles here

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fat Bob Intake, Exhaust, and Tuner What would you do?