Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

oil bud oil cooler for dynas

Old 02-10-2011, 07:13 PM
0lowrider1
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts
Default oil bud oil cooler for dynas

i was just checkin this out..oil bud oil cooler for dynas and was wondering if anyone has tried one out and if you would respond with a review and maybe a few pics...thanks alot

Old 02-12-2011, 07:44 AM
stilup
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Not sure what the cost of them are but I just installed a Jag six section stealth
(Gloss black) and costed $160.00.
I used double hose clamps along with the thermastatic adapter $135.00 that allows for fast warmup but opens when it's hot.
It is installed on the left above my fowards shifter.
The cooler is center height with the the filter.
I read that if you mount too high your oil drains and that is not good at startup.
I don't like the idea of having an oil cooler mounted in the center low where road debree can damage it like the 10 section Jag makes for the Dyna.

Last edited by stilup; 02-12-2011 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:43 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by 0lowrider1
i was just checkin this out..oil bud oil cooler for dynas and was wondering if anyone has tried one out and if you would respond with a review and maybe a few pics...thanks alot
They are a real nice clean setup, I like how it is set up under the frame and out of sight, only down side is the price $$$$$.

Oil Bud Oil Cooler: http://budsbikerparts.net/

Old 02-12-2011, 10:35 AM
denim_bob
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if it will work with a True-Track installed on the bike? I left a message for bud, will post back with his answer

Old 02-12-2011, 07:18 PM
seniorsuperglideE8
Supporter

Received 4,281 Likes on 2,349 Posts

Oil coolers (imho) are most effective when air is flowing thru the fins across the coils, like an auto radiator, On the Oil Buds unit I don't see the efficiency is there. Call me a skeptic. Another thing is the coils are right under the bottom of the engine/trans pans/oil pans, where does one suppose the heat from the oil is going? Unless there is a reverse airflow when the bike is moving at speed? Yep, call me a skeptic. I've got mine on both bikes hanging out in the breeze.

Old 02-12-2011, 07:34 PM
Daniel B.
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seniorsuperglideE8
Oil coolers (imho) are most effective when air is flowing thru the fins across the coils, like an auto radiator, On the Oil Buds unit I don't see the efficiency is there. Call me a skeptic. Another thing is the coils are right under the bottom of the engine/trans pans/oil pans, where does one suppose the heat from the oil is going? Unless there is a reverse airflow when the bike is moving at speed? Yep, call me a skeptic. I've got mine on both bikes hanging out in the breeze.
+1...

Old 02-13-2011, 12:12 AM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by seniorsuperglideE8
I agree. Add to that a bit of stop and go traffic in the mid-summer heat, the cooler beneath the hot engine and above the hot asphalt with zero airflow. How is that going to cool your engine?

I mounted the Jagg 10 row and put a pair of fans behind it. The Jagg operates with a thermostat and the fans come on manually with a switch by my horn.

I watched the ad for the Oil Buds, it was impressive, but that's just advertising.

Old 02-13-2011, 12:31 AM
==ShaDoW==
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just ordered Jagg myself, I will post once I have it on over here I think its a must and hopefully will add some life to my ride,

Old 02-13-2011, 12:47 AM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd also really like to know how well the oil buds cooler works. Especially given the price. I think given my budget I'll probably have to go with the HD oil cooler. If anyone has one of those I'd love to know how well it's working for them. The only problem I can see with it is that I'll have to paint that chrome cover it comes with black I'm moving to north west florida in the near future so I definitely have to figure something out to keep the bike cool

Old 02-13-2011, 10:47 AM
WS6 Formula
Stellar HDF Member
Received 242 Likes on 161 Posts

Here's some tips on installing the discontinued 10 row Jagg oil cooler that was made for Harley Davidson: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/showt...eferrerid=9012

As far as the Oil Bud, it has a large surface area to radiate heat, and in there video they have a 35 degree temperature difference between two bikes, one with it, and one without. They should do one more video of two throttle jockeys sitting at a stand still and see if they have less of a temperature change between the two.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: oil bud oil cooler for dynas