Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air filter and Power commander

Old 03-14-2011, 11:30 PM
The Big TD
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air filter and Power commander

I just bought my FLSTC last summer (my first cruiser, came over from a Kawasaki 650 Ninja) and have been saving up some money to upgrade to a Stage I. Any suggestions on what AC to get? Which Power Commander should I get to go along with it? I want to keep the original cover for my AC. Thanks, TD

Old 03-15-2011, 06:23 AM
billsantos
Cruiser

Originally Posted by The Big TD
I just bought my FLSTC last summer (my first cruiser, came over from a Kawasaki 650 Ninja) and have been saving up some money to upgrade to a Stage I. Any suggestions on what AC to get? Which Power Commander should I get to go along with it? I want to keep the original cover for my AC. Thanks, TD
There are way to many answers/opinions to those questions.. Best bet is to settle in for a few hours (or days) and surf these forums.. Start with the Tech forums. You'll find a lot of good info and a lot more questions...

Old 03-15-2011, 07:22 AM
LACOUNTRYHICK
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

+1. I assume you are also changing exhaust?

Old 03-15-2011, 09:30 AM
The Big TD
1st Gear

Yes. I was looking at getting a set of Rush with the 2.25" baffles. I'll take a look in the tech forums and keep you updated on the progress. Thanks for the help!

Old 03-15-2011, 09:57 AM
LACOUNTRYHICK
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You may want to also look at youtube and check out different pipes and A/C on different Harleys and listen to the sound you like.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Gman in NC
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fuelmoto can set you up with Rush, state one intake and PC-V already programed. I went through them for the intake and PC and mine runs great. Plug & play.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:32 AM
lp johnny
Road Captain

I just put on the rush pipes with 2.25 inch baffles
I also use the power commander 5 currently running stock air cleaner ,,
it runs really good at it is very loud ,but in my opinion a nice loud good and deep

Old 03-15-2011, 10:37 AM
lp johnny
Road Captain

Double post sorry

Last edited by lp johnny; 03-15-2011 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 06:02 PM
billsantos
Cruiser

Originally Posted by The Big TD
If you want to keep the stock air intake cover, provided it's the oval (football as they call it) with the center screw.. Vance and hines make a intake call the Naked VO 2 that is a good big air intake. It comes with everyting you need except a outer cover so it is half the price of others. Somewhere around $125 if memory serves. You can use the stock AC cover. I do. Keep in mind if you put on a better breathing intake, you must Remap or you will damage the engine. One other thing, if you do get this one and the filter does 'not' fit perfectly square to the backing plate, they packaged the wrong filter mounting bracket..Mine was this way because they packed the wrong bracket (wrong bracket in part number bin so they say) . I'm sure they got this sorted out by now. Just incase it is, call them (V & H) directly and they will send one out quickly. Over night in my case..

Old 03-15-2011, 06:14 PM
Thorshammer
Tourer

I'm running the Scarab cover with a K&N filter underneath. Thought it fit the look.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Air filter and Power commander