Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I get codes...P2127 P2138

Old 03-19-2011, 10:11 AM
Tiki Steve
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I get codes...P2127 P2138

I get codes...
P1510-EFI Limited Performance mode
P2127-TGS2 Low/Open
P2138-TGS Correlation error (twist grip sensor)

I have done some reading of older posts but wanted to know if anyone has any tips on what to look for.
I changed the twist grip months ago and all was okay, but it wasn't till I changed over to the chrome covers and switches and had the grip off again that this showed up.
From what I have read it is either the sensor, read mention of some "green clip", where is that located?
Or possible a pinched wire? Now if it was a wire would it not have some other problems?
Had it out for a ride and it seemed to run okay.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:14 AM
sparky_mo
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you tried clearing them and then seeing if they come back on? I've had false codes before after having work done on bike. After clearing them they didn't come back on.

Old 03-19-2011, 10:19 AM
Tiki Steve
6th Gear

Thanks Sparky, tried that, they were gone for a few seconds then popped up again.

Old 03-19-2011, 11:45 AM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,945 Likes on 1,705 Posts

Check for pinched wires since you did the switches and covers. It was ok prior to the covers/switches, yes? Why did you originally change the sensor months ago? Was something wrong? Try cleaning the pins under TT418A as well.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Dionicio
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dawg
Check for pinched wires since you did the switches and covers. It was ok prior to the covers/switches, yes? Why did you originally change the sensor months ago? Was something wrong? Try cleaning the pins under TT418A as well.
Good advice Dawg.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:36 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im netting on a pinched wire here also. Many have done this when changing the control housing it a tight little area with lots of conductors

Old 03-19-2011, 06:24 PM
60hawk
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pcv????

If you have a PCV, that could be the culprit. Disconnect and give it a ride (just don't ride hard without fuel management). I had same codes a while back, swapped PCV for new one and presto! All good.

YMMV, but way easier than tearing into the bars...... just sayin.

Old 03-20-2011, 09:08 AM
Tiki Steve
6th Gear

Originally Posted by dawg
No, didn't change the sensor, just the grips, and that had gone okay.
As you say, most likely it was from the covers. Problem is I "can't" see anything that small any more, up close eye sight is gone!! I'll have to stand ten feet away and use binoculars, lol! Just waiting for some warmer temps and will have to take it all apart again and check.
That TT418A will help, thanks Dawg!!

Old 04-24-2011, 08:41 PM
the tater
Novice

I'm getting the exact same codes. I know it's gotta be something in the TBW. Just did HCC ape swap. Everything was perfect until after about 4 days after the swap. I'm riding down the road, bike starts sputtering and banging out. kind of like one cylinder was firing in and out. I read some things on here and tweaked the position of the throttle grip and it ran fine for a couple of days then it started doing it again.

Got back on here and learned about resetting the ECM. Cleared codes, reset ECM, everything was great, until last night. Now it's back to banging out. I tell ya, I'm frustrated and I'm pulling my hair out on this. Any advice ? It's a 2010 SG. Thanks

Old 09-09-2011, 08:20 PM
cyclescoot
Intermediate

I'm here with this code issue as well.

My deal is: Changed my grips 3 months ago, not a single problem until 2 days ago on the way home from a 250 mile trip and the CEL comes on. Limited performance mode and the 2138 throttle code.
I can clear it, it's fine for miles (no consistency in distance) and then it comes on again.
Makes no sense. Opened the grip bracket, nothing out of the ordinary. Shook and tugged all the grip wires....nothing, no light tripped. Cleaned the connection behind the air cleaner tonight. Will load it with grease tomorrow.
Again, I rode 20 miles tonight and it did it about 3 miles in to the ride on the way out...cleared it...and then it did it about 9 miles in to the ride back home.

What I have noticed in the last two events is the bike will blip the throttle on its own before throwing the code.

Frustrating to say the least.
About 2500 miles total on the moto. 2011 FTLTRX.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I get codes...P2127 P2138