Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just tested my new adjustable BaggerShield

Old 04-25-2011, 01:02 PM
Ultra Classic Guy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just tested my new adjustable BaggerShield

I've been reading different threads regarding the BaggerShield adjustable windshield, but haven't seen any reviews yet. I was just recommended this windshield on a previous thread, so I bought one and just picked it up last Friday. We were finally blessed with some decent weather this weekend, so I got some riding in.

Over the years I have purchased several windshields for my Ultra in an effort to find that balance between Low tinted stylish looks and tall touring protection. Baggershield has figured it out. This windshield looks great in the low position. The clear top shield tucks in behind the low tinted shield when in the lower position and is secured by the same well nuts (with chrome heads) that hold it up in the tall position. You can also still use a windshield bag, which actually break up the lines from the drivers view. In the tall position the top shield is very secure to the bottom. You can not get the two shields to flex from one another, when the well nuts are tightened the two shields are secured as one. I experienced no buffeting in the tall position and the 11.5" (or 12" the way HD measures theirs) offers great protection. At a distance of 10 plus feet it looks like you have a low tinted shield event when in the tall position, because of the contrast between the dark and clear. The thing I like the best is the convienence, never again will I have to switch out my windshield. I can now adjust it between cruising at 8" to touring at 12" any time I want and not just when I am home in my garage. Check them out they are a sponser on this forum, I highly recommend them.

Attached Thumbnails Just tested my new adjustable BaggerShield-imagejpeg952.jpg   Just tested my new adjustable BaggerShield-imagejpeg953.jpg  
Old 04-25-2011, 01:04 PM
DMetcalf
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Which vendor did you get it from ..? I might have to check one out for my EGC. Thanks

Old 04-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Jags93
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks pretty good.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:02 PM
Scubamike
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

That does look interesting, here is the website for any other people that are interested.

http://www.baggershield.com/

Old 04-25-2011, 03:01 PM
Ultra Classic Guy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DMetcalf
Which vendor did you get it from ..? I might have to check one out for my EGC. Thanks
I contacted them through the website www.baggershield.com and found out they were located in a Minneapolis suberb as i am. So I went to their facility and picked it up in person. Very helpful customer service. They had several models on display, they are also proto-typing a cruiser version for RK, softtails, dyna's, etc. I asked if I stap a picture to post, but they said they would be posting an anoucement shortly. Hope this helps!