Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Detachable Sissy Bar and luggage rack

Old 06-22-2011, 04:53 AM
army_eod
Road Warrior
Received 589 Likes on 291 Posts
Default HD Detachable Sissy Bar and luggage rack

I am looking to add a detachable sissy bar/back pad and luggage rack to a 2010 FLSTF. I like the rounded stock bars and racks in black. Anybody have any experience with this setup? I am probably looking at the HD parts.

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-22-2011, 05:35 AM
herbie021
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the HD detachable sissy bar (tall, round and black) for my 2010 Fat Boy Lo. By the time you get the signal light relocation kit and mounting hardware it gets a bit pricey but well worth it. I just took it to the dealership for install as it needed its maintenance anyways.

Old 06-22-2011, 06:38 AM
TX Lo Life
Cruiser

I have the CrossBones style detachable sissy bar as well as the round tubed detachable sissy bar/luggage rack. Both work great. Keep an eye on Ebay... I found the sissy bar/luggage rack detachable with pad on there for 200. Had it powder coated gloss black for 25. As stated above they can get pricey once you put all the parts together from HD. I don't use mine much so I wasn't willing to spend what they wanted. However... I can see the value to those that use them...very handy.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:42 AM
shineybike
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you ever plan on adding saddle bags make sure you get the detachable side plates for the backrest that have the notch cut out to accomodate the saddle bag mounting posts. They would be like the ones used on a Heritage. I would keep an out on ebay, they come up fairly often.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:25 AM
iupsig97
Tourer

Have the detachable setup. Love it. Easy on/off and makes it a lot easier when you need to pull the seat off for whatever reason.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Really no need to relocate the signals or buy the kit. You can modify the detach mount to make it fit.

Attached Thumbnails HD Detachable Sissy Bar and luggage rack-dscn2853.jpg  
Old 06-22-2011, 06:29 PM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by army_eod
I am looking to add a detachable sissy bar/back pad and luggage rack to a 2010 FLSTF. I like the rounded stock bars and racks in black. Anybody have any experience with this setup? I am probably looking at the HD parts.

Thanks in advance.
Most of the time mine are off, but it's nice to be able to add it at a moment's notice. Same with the bags and passenger seat.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

I have the stock sissy bar and the HD luggage rack attached to it using the quick detach side plates. I also use the Barebacks quick detach kit for the bags. This makes for a very convenient change from touring to local two-up to solo riding in just a couple of minutes. Also, and maybe even more important, it makes the bike way easier to clean!

Old 06-23-2011, 12:28 AM
tunaman
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by TNB
Most of the time mine are off, but it's nice to be able to add it at a moment's notice. Same with the bags and passenger seat.
Precisely, as well as the windshield! Great to have convertible options to fit the circumstances... go from full dressed to stripped solo in 5 minutes or less.

Roger

Old 06-23-2011, 09:53 AM
RICHIEMACK
Road Master

You have to grind a little off the locks on the detach for it to fit over the blinkers....cross bones s. Bar..harley parts got mine on ebay.with rack $120

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HD Detachable Sissy Bar and luggage rack