Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Custom vs. Softail Deuce

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 08:56 AM
BayAreaRider
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Softail Custom vs. Softail Deuce

I know this question has probably been discussed before but I need some help. I am buying my first bike and am trying to decide between an '07 Deuce and an '08 Softail Custom. Both are single owner, low mileage bikes and are fairly priced so I don't think I can go wrong either way. I plan on doing some local cruising and the occasional overnight trip but probably not much longer than that so I think either of these bikes will meet my needs. I'd like to hear from both Deuce and Custom riders about what makes their bike right for them.

Last edited by BayAreaRider; 06-22-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:01 AM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go with the Custom. Lots more parts available and easier to find.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:50 AM
Hot Rod King
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

while the above statement is true, I love my Deuce. I dont see much differences between the 2 bikes really but I dont know that much about 'em. I like the styling of the Deuce and I 'think' their is more rake on the Deuce which I personally like. Congrats on the new bike, no matter which one you get

Old 06-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Fullthrottle02
Intermediate

I had the same decision to make that you do. In the end I chose the deuce. I like the raked out front end, the smooth lines, and the fact that you don't see as many around. There are still a lot parts available, you just have to do a little bit more research to see what works.

Old 06-22-2011, 12:24 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

The custom has the classic Chopped/Bobbed look, the Deuce was more toward the "pro-street" types.
So it is up to your taste really.
Of course, the logic says customizing the Custom is much easier, and the bling engine parts are just awesome.. not to mention the thing comes with the mini apes already in, just roll them forward and you are good to go

Old 06-22-2011, 03:09 PM
BayAreaRider
Novice

Great feedack so far. I have always been partial to the Custom but I also like the idea that the Deuce is a unique bike. Not too concerned about finding parts for customizing it as I will probably leave it pretty much stock. Any thoughts out there about whether the Deuce will look dated in a few years as it has been discontinued? Also, I am 6'1" and the Deuce sits a couple inched lower. Will that make a big difference?

Old 06-22-2011, 03:42 PM
ejvette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts

I wouldnt buy either.....get a Deluxe

Old 06-22-2011, 03:42 PM
2deuceguy
Road Captain
Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

i say go with the deuce, but i'm also biased haha. i was debating between the custom, wide glide, or the deuce. i sat on the custom and wg, but the dealer didn't have a deuce on hand. i ordered the deuce. buying my deuce was actually a life changing event for me. after the purchase of mine, i saw a beautiful deuce sitting outside of the bar on a poker run i was doing. i introduced myself to the woman who owned it and we talked bikes for a while. 3 years later we are married and have a son together. we even rode our deuces down the isle in our wedding. moral of the story- by a deuce and live happily ever after lol

Old 06-22-2011, 04:07 PM
95yj
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The Deuce has more rake on the front end and the rear is stretched out a little more. It was made to show the lines of classic choppers right from the factory. That look will never age. IMO the Custom is not "custom" at all. It's just a Standard with a different seat and an integrated sissy bar. As far as aging, the Custom is the one with the old style tank and console. The lines of the Deuce are really nice and make a really clean look when customized.

Old 06-22-2011, 04:18 PM
BayAreaRider
Novice

OK. Maybe I am being seduced by the mini-apes on the Custom. I like the look a lot. Does anyone have any experience or seen mini-apes on a Deuce?

Quick Reply: Softail Custom vs. Softail Deuce