Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heel Toe Shifter

Old 02-24-2008, 10:50 AM
cuda111
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heel Toe Shifter

I would like to put a "heel toe shifter" on my '05 Dyna Super Glide. Has anyone any ideas if a shifter from other Harleys will work?

Old 02-24-2008, 09:37 PM
cstolp
Road Captain
Default RE: Heel Toe Shifter

There is the one for the fxdp that might work pn# 33756-01

Old 02-24-2008, 11:26 PM
GaryInSanDiego
Cruiser

That pn is designed to be used with FXDPfloorboards, which they no longer make. If you can find a set, expect to pay a ton. The last set I saw on ebay went for over $800. They are very scarce.

Old 02-25-2008, 01:04 AM
Droop
Cruiser

You're in luck Cuda. Check out Dewey's Custom Pegs at deweyspegs dot com. I purchased one for my own 05 FXDI. I can't live without it now. I also ordered that one outta the H-D catalog firstbut it was ugly as all get out since as stated above it isreally made for use with floorboards.

Old 04-11-2010, 09:29 AM
LifeRyder
2nd Gear
Default toe-heel shifter

Had to replace stocker (FXDP '04) after it pulled teeth. Purchased the unit for FLHT, split arm and it works just fine. The added plus was the ability to adjust height as opposed stock one piece cast used on FXDP stock.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:31 AM
WGB
Advanced

I had the stock FXDP levers but didn't like how close they were. No room for my fat foot. I picked up an aluminum one piece thinking I could make it work with floorboards. No luck and not much more "spread" than the stock levers. Probably the perfect thing with pegs.

Old 04-11-2010, 10:39 AM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by GaryInSanDiego
That pn is designed to be used with FXDPfloorboards, which they no longer make. If you can find a set, expect to pay a ton. The last set I saw on ebay went for over $800. They are very scarce.
Currently available as an aftermarket kit by V-Twin Mfg p/n VT-27-0920

A link to the Instruction Sheet is in my database:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/5575441-post2.html

FXD2003Rider

Old 04-11-2010, 11:22 AM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Deweys heel hammer on mine.. works great

Old 04-14-2010, 02:49 PM
stu50uk
Stage III

Originally Posted by WGB
I had the stock FXDP levers but didn't like how close they were. No room for my fat foot. I picked up an aluminum one piece thinking I could make it work with floorboards. No luck and not much more "spread" than the stock levers. Probably the perfect thing with pegs.
I've got a FXDX 2003 with a Dyna floorboard kit with an all-in-one heel & toe shifter (33756-01).

I got exactly the problem you describe.

I'm trying to make it a two piece shifter, so I can position each lever exactly where I want for easier shifting.

I've got from eBay a heel shifter of the correct length = 9 inch (23 cm). Measured from the centre of the gear shaft to the centre of the peg.

The front (toe) lever is 4 1/3 inch [4.33"] (11 cm). It's a lot shorter than all the other shifter levers I've tried.

Does anyone know of one of the correct length?
The Sportster shifter looks quite short. Would this do?

I see from FXD2003Rider's post that the V-Twin Mfg FXD Floorboard Kit (VT No. 27-0920) has a two piece shifter. What length is the toe shifter?
And if it's the correct length, what is the part number?

Old 04-14-2010, 03:20 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 867 Likes on 576 Posts

Originally Posted by stu50uk
I've got a FXDX 2003 with a Dyna floorboard kit with an all-in-one heel & toe shifter (33756-01).

I got exactly the problem you describe.

I'm trying to make it a two piece shifter, so I can position each lever exactly where I want for easier shifting.

I've got from eBay a heel shifter of the correct length = 9 inch (23 cm). Measured from the centre of the gear shaft to the centre of the peg.

The front (toe) lever is 4 1/3 inch [4.33"] (11 cm). It's a lot shorter than all the other shifter levers I've tried.

Does anyone know of one of the correct length?
The Sportster shifter looks quite short. Would this do?

I see from FXD2003Rider's post that the V-Twin Mfg FXD Floorboard Kit (VT No. 27-0920) has a two piece shifter. What length is the toe shifter?
And if it's the correct length, what is the part number?
Looking at the two images from the mounting instruction and from the online parts catalog I noticed following:

Both kits have the same p/n.....

Mounting instruction sais: "for use on 1996-09 FXD models"....

Kit from online catalog says: "1996-up FXD Floorboard Kit includes a 2 piece heel-toe adjustable shift lever"....

Kit in mounting instruction shows a one-piece heel-toe shifter lever....

Kit from catalog shows a shifter lever bracket similar to the one used in the OEM kit (will not mount on 06 Dyna's and later)....

Kit in mounting instruction shows an integrated shifter lever/front floorboard mounting bracket which can be used on all models....

To be shure if the two piece heel-toe shifter is still available and fits your demands, I'd say you'd contact V-Twin Mfg and ask them.

FXD2003Rider

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Heel Toe Shifter