Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rifle scabbard

Old 07-06-2011, 09:31 PM
Blakerea
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rifle scabbard

Does anyone have any pics of a rifle or shotgun scabbard on a dyna? Call me crazy but I am thinking about adding one.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:50 PM
sicpup
Advanced

dude.. that would be cool

Old 07-06-2011, 11:57 PM
South Jersey Scooter Trash
Road Captain

Ok so let's say in penn.whitetail hunting.huge 10pt.steps out I whip out my 300win.mag from mt scabber take aim squeez the trigger it drops.what the hell do I do with deer?handle bars?

Old 07-06-2011, 11:57 PM
HemiOrange
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blakerea
Does anyone have any pics of a rifle or shotgun scabbard on a dyna? Call me crazy but I am thinking about adding one.
No pics, but back in the mid 60's my 13 yr old hunting buddies and I made mounts out of 1/4" round stock and flat bar to fab scabbard mounts for the front forks of our Trail 90's. They didn't have telescoping forks, just some little link at the the bottom, so we had a lot of fork to do it on.

I'd guess that the best mounting area for a Dyna would be the rear struts using the fender mounting locations. Just fab and bolt on a mount to an Easy Bracket.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:45 AM
zoopman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just use bungie cords...nothing permanent. I put my ammo in the saddle bags then bungie my rifle from the passenger peg up along the front of the saddle bag. If I was to carry more often it would be cool to have something more permanent for sure. Nothing more fun then to take a nice ride then get to do some shooting!

Old 07-07-2011, 12:58 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 3,930 Likes on 2,288 Posts

A few years back was somewhere out east and a gal rode by on a sweet Deluxe with a rifle scabbard. Looked really good. Did not get a pic. Just did a google search and did not find anything resembling what I saw.

It was mounted on the right side behind her at maybe a 45* angle.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 07-07-2011, 04:34 AM
roblack
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im just like Zoopman,only I carry a shotgun to the range on my Low Rider 2-3 times a week for skeet and Sporting clays. Nothing permanent,I just use a break down case my Over/under Franchi came in. Its hard plastic and short,as you have to take the gun apart to put it in. I just bungeed it on the passenger foot peg and to the back rest. The first time I did it I thought it was cool as hell untill I realized I couldnt get the key in the ignition,you Low Rider guys will relate. I started putting it on the other side after that. Theres nothing illegal about it,and no one even seems to notice Im packing. It says "Franchi" on the case,but most people probaly just think thats some kind of Italian luggage.

Old 07-07-2011, 09:07 AM
T-CON
Advanced

if you want something cool like a WW2 look I would look at horse suppliers for a leather scabbard and then figure out how to mount it to the fork lower. They sell pretty nice ones for cheap and since you only have one from brake you have a lot of real estate on the right side to work with.

Old 07-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Napalmspork
Advanced

not a dyna
Rifle scabbard-captain-america-motorcycle-stuntman-2.jpg

Old 07-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Blakerea
Cruiser

Ya I have one on my saddle. I was trying to see how people had mounted them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rifle scabbard