Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gerbing’s Heated Gloves T5 or G3?

Old 07-26-2011, 08:41 PM
alkrisma
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gerbing’s Heated Gloves T5 or G3?

not sure on which one to get? The T5 or G3 Gerbing’s Heated Gloves, both look nice but the G3 looks like they'd be easier regarding motorcycle grips and hand fatigue? Correct me if I'm wrong -- thanks

http://gerbing.com/Products/Gloves/T5.html

http://gerbing.com/Products/Gloves/G3.html

Old 07-26-2011, 09:34 PM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the G3's and lovem. Can't say about the T5's, never had any. The G3's are the softiest gloves I've ever had. Good choice

Old 07-26-2011, 09:37 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

If the Hypora membrane truly makes the gloves waterproof that alone would make the T5 worth the extra money. However, I've owned "waterproof" gloves before that were anything but, and I'm hesitant to believe any such claims. This is the first time I've heard of the T5's.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:42 PM
PMC
Advanced

The T5 is a real heavy weight winter glove. The G3 is a better all around glove and is more like a motorcycle glove. It's also wicked warm, not sure when I'd ever need a warmer glove.

Old 07-26-2011, 10:01 PM
b1rider
Tourer

I have the G3's and wish I had bought the T5's. I find that the gauntlet is too small and interfers with my jacket sleeve, too small to fit over and too bulky to put under. I would take your riding jacket to the store and try on each and see what you think. I didn't do this and it was too late by the time I discovered this. I went with the G3's because they looked more like riding gloves, not so bulky, but if the T5's would slide over my sleeves I would be happier. I believe the right word is gauntlet for the opening at the back of the glove?? I hope you know what I am talking about. Maybe with time they will soften up and not try to push the glove off my hand when the jacket sleeve is there. They are warm!

Old 07-27-2011, 04:45 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 882 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by b1rider
I have the G3's and wish I had bought the T5's. I find that the gauntlet is too small and interfers with my jacket sleeve, too small to fit over and too bulky to put under. I would take your riding jacket to the store and try on each and see what you think. I didn't do this and it was too late by the time I discovered this. I went with the G3's because they looked more like riding gloves, not so bulky, but if the T5's would slide over my sleeves I would be happier. I believe the right word is gauntlet for the opening at the back of the glove?? I hope you know what I am talking about. Maybe with time they will soften up and not try to push the glove off my hand when the jacket sleeve is there. They are warm!
Spot-on. The G3s are good, the T5s are better.

Old 07-27-2011, 06:57 AM
eathomps
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iclick
If the Hypora membrane truly makes the gloves waterproof that alone would make the T5 worth the extra money. However, I've owned "waterproof" gloves before that were anything but, and I'm hesitant to believe any such claims. This is the first time I've heard of the T5's.
I have the T5 gloves, and while I haven't ridden with them in a downpour - I'll ride in the cold and I'll ride in the rain, but I try to avoid riding when it's cold AND raining - I did ride about 50 miles in light, steady rain on a 40 degree morning, and 50 more after the rain let up. My hands never got wet and were toasty warm the duration.

These are the first heated gloves I've ever had and wish I had bought some years ago. My ride to work is 20 miles, and with them I can ride to work when it is in the low 20s and not have cold hands when I get there.

Old 11-29-2014, 06:48 AM
RobitJF
1st Gear

Originally Posted by b1rider
In all my reading on the glove debate, your experience with the gauntlet is right on. The G3 is a great, warm glove. However assuming you are wearing a heavier jacket, the gauntlet on the G3 does not fit over the sleeve and too bulky to fit under. Considering a heated glove is usually worn with a winter type jacket, this is a huge design error. What where they thinking?

Old 11-29-2014, 07:09 AM
DaveNBPT
Road Master
Received 80 Likes on 69 Posts

I have the T5's. Very comfortable, warm(of course) and gauntlet extends well over the jacket cuff. No problems with dexterity either. Heated gear is nothing short of awesome.

Old 11-29-2014, 11:14 AM
mike5380
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got the G3's and love'em. The only thing I would recommend is that you also buy a battery pack to use your heated gloves on thngs other than riding your bike. I shoveled a lot of snow last year and the only thing that got cold was my hands. These gloves are way to expensive to be useful for only bike rides.

Mike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Gerbing’s Heated Gloves T5 or G3?