Screamin Eagle CVO Models All CVO Bikes 1999 thru present.

2012 RoadGlide CVO

Old 08-08-2011, 08:46 PM
HDGLIDN
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2012 RoadGlide CVO

Very excited to be one of the first to ride off on my NEW CVO RoadGlide. this is my second RoadGlide, this bike sits lower, handles better, feels lighter. the CVO is living up to the hype so far. i picked up my new ride friday 8/5/11 by 8/6 i began to notice misfit plastics on the Fairing and the headlight area. shipping scratches on the saddle bags. The Stereo does not recognize the included Ipod. ???

What the F*&@k did i pay for? the Dealer has agreed to fix, replace whatever but who wants to give their new bike back to the dealer for a couple of days a week who knows?

seeking advice, very disapointed with the quality control of HD CVO

Old 08-08-2011, 08:52 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Wait and see,hopefully the dealer will/should make things right. You got a great bike,give them the benefit of doubt they will fix what is wrong.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:55 PM
mjb765
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Advice??? Only advice and I can think of is that you should go over every inch of the bike before delivery...but since that ship has sailed and the dealer has agreed to fix it all, just make sure you look it over really well and make a good list to give them when you bring it in. At least the dealer is working with you.

It's no secret that the quality control stinks..and it's getting worse. The dealer should have also caught this stuff at PDI.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:56 PM
HDGLIDN
Stage II

Great bike is right! its a dream to ride and look at. just a bit frustrated, you spend 35K you have certain expectations. Thanks for the thought. i beleive like you the dealer will make it right.

Old 08-11-2011, 09:16 AM
stevegoetsch
Intermediate
Default CVO Troubles

Paid 37000.00 for a 2011 CVO Roadglide, it has been in the shop for three weeks as of today. So far a new oil pump(all of a sudden was running 55 lbs. of pressure at idol) new cam plate, and bike runs like ****! I have had Harleys all my life and sad to say this might be my last. I expected much more from a 37K bike than this. I had 60,000 miles on my 99 Softail with no trouble, and it was paid for long ago. In my opinion Harley Q.C. has gone way down - keep it up Harley I remember the AMF days! Oh, by the way part of the reason it has been three weeks, CAN'T GET PARTS!

Old 08-12-2011, 03:20 PM
VooDoo13
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I think the quality control for HD is a joke. I Have a 06 CVO fatboy, The grind paintjob had developed rust spots between the clear and the grind. There response is we dont have the paint and its been to long. Dont get me wrong the bike is a beast and looks amazing but I see every flaw weather anyone else does and thats what matters. The the wifes TRIKE has the reverse repaired 4 times in a year and only worked for a month of that. What the hell did we pay the extra $800 for. Waiting for an inevitable recall on that.

I do think if the stealer fixes your problems to YOUR satisfaction you will be 100% happy with that bike, IT IS BEAUTIFUL.

Old 08-12-2011, 03:27 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,622 Posts

Sad hearing these stories from riders who $pend good ca$h on their rides...only to have QC issues. Especially from new & CVO where you're paying top dollar. Hope HD does you right in gettings the problems fixed...might need to send the bill & note to "big HD" so they're informed of your situation(s)..??

Old 08-12-2011, 03:39 PM
2011Deluxe
Banned
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HDGLIDN
Very excited to be one of the first to ride off on my NEW CVO RoadGlide. this is my second RoadGlide, this bike sits lower, handles better, feels lighter. the CVO is living up to the hype so far. i picked up my new ride friday 8/5/11 by 8/6 i began to notice misfit plastics on the Fairing and the headlight area. shipping scratches on the saddle bags. The Stereo does not recognize the included Ipod. ???

What the F*&@k did i pay for? the Dealer has agreed to fix, replace whatever but who wants to give their new bike back to the dealer for a couple of days a week who knows?

Why didn't you take 15 minutes before you took delivery to go over the bike? I wouldn't have taken delivery of that bike.

Old 08-12-2011, 06:13 PM
cardoctor
Road Captain

i guess thats what happen when the se went from hand built one at a time to assembly line construction

Old 08-13-2011, 01:15 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by HDGLIDN

Pre-Delivery inspection is a big deal. Give them a chance to make it right. I can tell you I brought home my new CVO and notice a flaw in the paint on the batwing fairing. Asked for a warranty. Was told " If defect cannot be seen from 3ft away by the naked eye its not considered a flaw and not covered" I ain't kidding, that was the response. I missed on the pre-delivery inspection and of course after they had my check. I was screwed. Never happen again. Took it to my buddy and had it buffed out. Other than that bike has been a dream.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 RoadGlide CVO