Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D&D Fatcat vs. Supertrapp Supermeg 2-1

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 06:35 PM
joejack
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D&D Fatcat vs. Supertrapp Supermeg 2-1

I am considering the Fatcat or the Supermeg 2-1 for my 11 Fatboy. I have not been able to find many posts or videos with the Supermeg. Can anyone give opinions or experiences with sound and performance of the two pipes? The only Fatboy I found with the Supermeg was markthecelt's which I guess he now replaced with a Lowcat. Any information would be appreciated.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:54 AM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

The Supertrapp is quieter and looks a bit different. I think both will give you the boost you are after. You can tune the Supertrapp with the discs that come with it and have the option of opening up or drilling the end cap to increase sound as well. 2 of my buddies run the Supertrapp. One with a stock motor and one with a built motor. The built motor it is much louder even though the stock motor has an open end cap. It has a unique sound.

The fatcat on the other hand is not a really loud pipe but does not have a closed endcap like the supertrapp. It comes with several options for baffles and will give some great torque. I think it really comes down to the looks. I prefer the look of the fatcat and one for quite a while.

Drew

Old 08-25-2011, 12:01 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a Supertrapp, I like it. My bike is a Dyna, but I can give you a link to a video with sound if you are interested. It is a video so the sound is not the best, but is probably better then nothing.

I now run the open end cap and think it sounds real good. I like having the flexibility to make the bike quiet if I so choose.

Old 08-25-2011, 01:08 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Here is a supermeg on a softail video.
http://youtu.be/HjYVj5hksaQ

Drew

Old 08-25-2011, 06:15 PM
joejack
Cruiser

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.

Old 08-25-2011, 06:22 PM
joejack
Cruiser

Drew, can you PM me a price for the Supertrapp and the Fatcat with the quiet baffle?

Old 08-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Wild Grover
Cruiser

I'm running the SuperMeg on my Heritage. Really like its low tone and dosen't get overly loud. Its a little louder than my stock pipes and dosen't have the loudness of my buddies SE slip ons but it does have a much deeper tone to it. I'm running mine with the closed end. Nice thing with it you have many options for tuning and/or sound for your liking. I put it on after I did a 95" HQ upgrade, I did run it for a short period with my stock pipes w/Cycle Shack slip ons, and it made a very noticeable improvement to my setup. Very happy with it......

Old 08-25-2011, 07:28 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by joejack
Drew, can you PM me a price for the Supertrapp and the Fatcat with the quiet baffle?
Pm sent!

Drew

Old 11-20-2011, 09:12 PM
fred1369
Cruiser

I currently have a Fatcat with quiet baffle on my 2002 Superglide built to 96 inch with .510 cams. I am very pleased with the construction, sound, and performance. However, I finally got an Android phone and want to listen to Pandora when I go on trips and the Fatcat is just a little too loud. I am seriously considering a Supermeg with closed endcap just to cut the noise down somewhat. Is this a good or bad idea? Doc V, please send me a PM with a quote for part # is 827-71454 , in black. Thanx.
Fred in Raleigh

Old 11-21-2011, 07:22 AM
mswing1234
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by joejack
I see your post is from August and you didn't comment on this thread whether you installed or not. So in case you're still shopping, the V&H Big Radius 2-1 was made for a FatBoy IMO.

Quick Reply: D&D Fatcat vs. Supertrapp Supermeg 2-1