General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Direct harley parts- warning

Old 09-07-2011, 09:48 PM
mahalovich
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Direct harley parts- warning

I know there are people on here that have had problems here with this cowboy called Frank who is Direct Harley Parts..I had purchased a few small items off them, so I gave them the benifit of doubt.
I needed a set of Vance & Hines pipes.I rang him two times to make sure he had them in stock.YES ,they are here was his answer both times.So with that asurance I gave the cow boy my card details.They would be shipped in two days was his assurance.Over three weeks went by and no pipes.I live in New Zealand ,so three weeks is the normal shipping time.After about a dozen calls to him I finally got through.He gave me a tracking number.I followed that up and it was to another address.I finally got through to Frank the W...I told him he gave me the wrong number. He hung up on me.Tried ringing back,phone dead.I contaced them a few hours later.I got a woman on the line.I told here my situation, Hold the line she said, clunk hung up on again.Very frustating.Had enough by then. Contacted my card company and have had the money refunded.I now know of three other people here that he has done this to,Bull **** tracking numbers etc.
So if any body is reading this, and you are thinking of buying off this cowboy.Take my advice DONT.Give your money to some one decent,not this LOSER..

Last edited by mahalovich; 09-07-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:50 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Smart move stopping the payment. I'd have done the same if treated as you've been by any vender.

Old 09-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Ridewva
Grand HDF Member
Received 344 Likes on 197 Posts

Thanks for the heads up, I've now made note not to do business with "direct harley parts"!

Old 09-07-2011, 10:50 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Wonder if this has anything to do with this

Old 09-07-2011, 11:14 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thats why you always pay with c/c i know that kinda crap makes you lose sleep

Old 09-08-2011, 12:20 AM
dcgray2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I decided to order from DHP after having read some horror stories on here because I guess I'm just stupid that way.

I set my expectations very low when ordering some S&S parts, I in fact had them add some parts to their online catalog that they did not have listed and I made a "special order request" that involved ordering the tuned induction with blue filters rather than red.

I got a price that was substantially lower than anywhere else I had talked to.

Placed the order, crossed my fingers and waited. And waited. Talked to Frank to follow-up with order (after I had been warned that would take a little longer due to Sturgis + "special order") and he promised ship date. That date passed. Talked to him again. He promised to get back to me. He didn't. I followed up again. He promised again. Finally the parts arrived.

My impression is that Frank is overwhelmed not malicious. I got everything exactly as ordered for exactly the price promised.

I will order from them again because of this. But I will have the expectation that the parts will arrive "sometime". Low price + Free shipping = SLOW. I can live with that and will plan accordingly.

I just can't bring myself to join the bashing, Frank has worked with me every time I have called and has been a human being and apologetic.

If I want parts on a definite, "reasonable" timeframe I will buy them somewhere else, otherwise I will use DHP to save some $$$.

And OP, I don't blame you one bit for cancelling, if Frank had not been so helpful on the phone I would have stopped payment as well.

Last edited by dcgray2; 09-08-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:12 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I do not put any stock in your post. you've been a member for 3 1/2 years, and your first post is to bad mouth an experience you had.

sorry - I call BS on you and your post!

Old 09-08-2011, 12:14 PM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At least he's consistent! ....

Old 09-08-2011, 12:41 PM
craigffb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 167 Likes on 132 Posts

Direct Harley Parts as with most internet parts places are drop shippers...they have no warehouse and no inventory. That is how they can have low prices. You get your part when the company that makes it fills the order and ships it plain and simple. If you want your stuff faster you're gonna have to pay a little more. Your pipes had you not cancelled the order would have come directly from Vance and Hines. That is just how it works.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by dcgray2
I will order from them again because of this. But I will have the expectation that the parts will arrive "sometime". Low price + Free shipping = SLOW.
Low price + Free shipping does not need to equal SLOW. I worked for 24 years in a company and we did a lot of UPS shipping. If you have the product in stock you take the order, go to the warehouse, grab a box, pack it, print a UPS label and later that day the brown truck stops by and the order is on it's way. An answering machine will take care of the phone for the few minutes it takes to ship an order.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Direct harley parts- warning