Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to carry registration, insurance card, etc.?

Old 09-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Mark757
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to carry registration, insurance card, etc.?

OK, so I'm trying to figure out a place to stash my registration(it's just a sheet of paper here in VA now), insurance info, etc. on my bike without having it somewhere that someone could access it easily when I'm not near my bike. Only place I've thought of so far is under my removable passenger seat. Any other ideas or places for stashing that I may not have found or thought of? I don't need any more stuff in my wallet, especially paper-it only gets mutilated there.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:39 PM
jreichart
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

search around for stash tubes. Here's a link from here, but there are tons of them out there.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/produ...tash-tube.html

Old 09-17-2011, 12:55 PM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

when I had the wide glide forks I just put mine in a forks bag. nobody ever messed with it. but now I got it in my wallet. in WA insurance isn't required, so I just got my registration paper in my wallet...

Old 09-17-2011, 01:24 PM
TxCowboy
Road Captain

Agree with Imboden. Used the fork bags for years and just keep the important papers in a zip lock baggy.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Radimus
Tourer

I have one of these: http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/ca...caribiner.html

I keep mine buried in the bottom of one of my saddlebags. I bet that if you looked, you could find a stash spot beside the fuse block or beside the battery under the seat.

I also think there is a LOT of space in front of the rear wheel behind the mud flap... that is a typical place for power commanders and such.

Old 09-17-2011, 01:57 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why leave it on the bike where someone could pick up the entire bike and then have a head start at getting a new title issued by having all of your information? I keep them in my wallet. Make them work for it if they want to steal it.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:58 PM
pnw_hd_rider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I keep the registration in the fork bag, but I keep my insurance card in my wallet. If something happens to the bike, I want to make sure to have my insurance card with the number I need to call.

Originally Posted by fcsallan
Why leave it on the bike where someone could pick up the entire bike and then have a head start at getting a new title issued by having all of your information? I keep them in my wallet. Make them work for it if they want to steal it.
Having a registration and/or insurance card is not going to help a thief get a title. If they tried it would only serve to get them busted.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:23 PM
rickb
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I keep mine in my wallet no one but me rides it so why keep it on the bike to get stolen

Old 09-17-2011, 03:56 PM
hdgzr
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,869 Likes on 595 Posts
Old 09-17-2011, 04:38 PM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by rickb
I keep mine in my wallet no one but me rides it so why keep it on the bike to get stolen
I keep license and insurance card in wallet, but the registration and safety sticker are in a ziplock on the bike. I agree it would be better to not leave it on the bike, but the reg is just paper and doesn't last long in the wallet -- maybe I could fold it up and put it in a really small baggie(?)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Where to carry registration, insurance card, etc.?