Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cycle Shack Slip Ons

Old 09-19-2011, 11:11 AM
sm0kediver
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Cycle Shack Slip Ons

I got a lot of info in a slip on thread I started earlier and I'm really curious about the Cycle Shack slip ons. I went to their site and it's a little confusing. Which model do I need for a good deep exhaust note?

And I assume the disclaimers on their site about legality for on road use is just there to cover their butts?

Old 09-20-2011, 06:55 PM
blkpearl
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a set for my '11 street bob almost a month ago. They sound plenty deep on there. They have them at https://www.denniskirk.com/cycle-sha...rd/H252039.sku
The only bad part is the chrome isn't that great, it's comming off one of the mufflers. They sound great though, loud on the gas, but you can make them quiet in a subdivision too. Like I said, though the chrome isn't great, couldn't beat the price! Though one day I plan on a full system at least I can hear the bike now.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:26 PM
artizinn
Cruiser

It was between them, rush, and V&H.. I went the V&H and am stoked.. Nice deep rumble and loud as hell

Old 09-20-2011, 07:29 PM
twofish
Road Master

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/...ent=07to09.jpg
I’ve had 2 different sets of Cycle Shack Slip-ons, over
18,000 miles on both sets without any problems with the quality.
There are no birds on the wires as far as one can see, deep sound indeed.

Old 09-20-2011, 08:26 PM
blkpearl
Intermediate

Originally Posted by twofish
http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/...ent=07to09.jpg
I’ve had 2 different sets of Cycle Shack Slip-ons, over
18,000 miles on both sets without any problems with the quality.
There are no birds on the wires as far as one can see, deep sound indeed.
The last set I had was on my Iron I used to have and the finish was great!
Something may have happend to these when they got plated or something.
Though it does add a little character......

Old 09-20-2011, 08:58 PM
Yasky1997
Tourer

I had them on my bike before I got a full system. Sounded good and no problems with quality.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:00 PM
RichardH
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sm0kediver
I got a lot of info in a slip on thread I started earlier and I'm really curious about the Cycle Shack slip ons. I went to their site and it's a little confusing. Which model do I need for a good deep exhaust note?

And I assume the disclaimers on their site about legality for on road use is just there to cover their butts?
I purchased the MT-29 Tapered Cycle Shack pipes in August. $150.00. Powersport Superstore. 2011 FXDC. They have a nice deep rumble. Not tinny or raspy IMHO. No pop on decel. Not to loud but loud enough. Not to loud on the freeway but cars can hear me. The chrome on one of the pipes has some kind of wear that I can't explain. Not the best chrome but you can't go wrong for the money. No need to map anything if just adding the pipes. I plan on adding a performance air cleaner and TTS Mastertune. You can see from the photo they are smaller than the bulky, heavy stock pipes.

Attached Thumbnails Cycle Shack Slip Ons-001b.jpg   Cycle Shack Slip Ons-cycleshack-001b.jpg  
Old 09-20-2011, 09:20 PM
DTDK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have the MS 129 slip ons on my dyna very deep sound, not tinny or overly loud, i am happy with them, but i am trying a 2 into 1 python system in the near future, hoping for a little more clearance for bags, and i am interested to see if there will be any performance increases

Old 09-20-2011, 09:23 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 968 Likes on 731 Posts

The chrome on mine is great, no signs of any issues. But the best part is the sound, nice and beefy. My only regret is the money spent on V&H slipons I first had, and 2 different sets of baffles I tried to make it sound how I wanted it too. Lesson learned.
Don't worry about the disclaimer, "they all do that."

Old 09-21-2011, 06:43 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,829 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardH
I purchased the MT-29 Tapered Cycle Shack pipes in August. $150.00. Powersport Superstore. 2011 FXDC. They have a nice deep rumble. Not tinny or raspy IMHO. No pop on decel. Not to loud but loud enough. Not to loud on the freeway but cars can hear me. The chrome on one of the pipes has some kind of wear that I can't explain. Not the best chrome but you can't go wrong for the money. No need to map anything if just adding the pipes. I plan on adding a performance air cleaner and TTS Mastertune. You can see from the photo they are smaller than the bulky, heavy stock pipes.
I like these, more power than Screamin Eagle, good price and you can hear them.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cycle Shack Slip Ons