Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE Super Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 10:01 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default SE Super Tuner

I was just looking at my service paper work from the dealer when they installed my Stage 1. I couldnt remember which SE tuner I got. So the paperwork siad they installed a Super Tuner. I wanted to read up on it and now Im finding out that the tuner isnt actually installed on the bike. Rather its a tool to be used by the person doing the tuning. Im a little suprised because they never gave me the tuner when I went to pick up the bike. I can only assume that they kept it for when I go to get my dyno tune done. At least I hope so cuz I'll be flippin pissed if they just misplaced it. Also, if nothing was actually installed, why do I have a capped plug hanging down by my air cleaner? I never noticed it when I was checking it out before I bought the bike. Can someone school me on whats going on? Thanks

Old 10-29-2011, 10:40 PM
coop creek
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 74 Posts

Its a SERT or SEPST or whatever, the dealer has it and will need it to tune the bike on a dynojet. The capped plug is for a battery trickle charger, has nothing do to with the SERT.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:43 PM
hellbob37
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's not the capped plug he's talking about. The one he's talking about is plugged into the stock AC on the back side of it. It is plugged into a removable black cap that goes to nothing. Curious myself. Interesting design.

Old 10-29-2011, 10:45 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior

Huh. So its routine for the dealer to keep the tuner? And that plug was already there and maybe just hidden behind the stock air filter cover?

Old 10-29-2011, 10:49 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by hellbob37
That's not the capped plug he's talking about. The one he's talking about is plugged into the stock AC on the back side of it. It is plugged into a removable black cap that goes to nothing. Curious myself. Interesting design.
Yea. That's the one Im talking about.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:05 PM
coop creek
Road Captain
Received 109 Likes on 74 Posts

OK, there is a wire that ends in a connector that is (or should be) held in place with a clip on the back of the air cleaner back plate, to keep it out of the way. I think it might be used on bikes shipped outside of USA.

The dealer I use here does keep the customer's SERTS but I asked for mine and took it home, where it just takes up space in a drawer.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:09 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior

Thanks coop. Im gonna call on Monday just to make sure they still have it.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:27 PM
spankdog
Road Warrior

BTW. Are there different versions of the SE Super Tuner? Ive heard people talk about SERT (screaming eagle race tuner) and Super Tuner Pro but my paperwork just says "Super Tuner EFI kit installed"

Old 10-30-2011, 01:18 AM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Dealer should give you the SERT, not hang onto it, if you go out of town and have to have work done that requires them hooking it up, guess what, if you dont have yours, your going to have to buy another, id get that SERT. Dealer gave me mine along with the cables that came with it.
The plug is for bikes that are shipped over seas, the item it plugs into is not on your bike, but its on all wiring harnesses factory.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:52 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by spankdog
BTW. Are there different versions of the SE Super Tuner? Ive heard people talk about SERT (screaming eagle race tuner) and Super Tuner Pro but my paperwork just says "Super Tuner EFI kit installed"
There's a couple. The one you want or should have is the SEPST (SE Pro Super Tuner). There's also a Street model that is a waste of money, all it seems to do is raise the rev limiter a bit.

SERT is the older model.

Quick Reply: SE Super Tuner