Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD LED headlight alignment help

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 03:01 PM
digital
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD LED headlight alignment help

I am having a little trouble adjusting my new LED headlights. I know someone probably posted a quick "how to" somewhere but i cant find one. Can someone lead me to a link or thread that can help?

I promise to post pics in return.

Thanks guys

Old 11-12-2011, 04:56 PM
digital
Cruiser

I solved my own problem and the new LED lights look and work beautifully.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:01 PM
scasey
Road Master

Originally Posted by digital
I am having a little trouble adjusting my new LED headlights. I know someone probably posted a quick "how to" somewhere but i cant find one. Can someone lead me to a link or thread that can help?

I promise to post pics in return.

Thanks guys
How is it any different than adjusting the regular light? Usually the damn bolt is so tight u can't loosen it so put 2 hands on it and move it.

Old 11-12-2011, 05:33 PM
digital
Cruiser

Thats what the problem was. I had to figure out that to adjust the lights, I had to get to that bolt. It just took me a while to see it under the Fatboy triple tree cowl... Piece of cake from there...

Old 11-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Nick
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you like them.? R they better than stock..? I put a custom on my sporty and even trying all the halogen and piaa super bulbs it still sucked..looked cool tho but it aint cool whrn u carnt see. I thought about the led lights on my deluxe but dont want to make the same mistake twice

Old 11-13-2011, 05:09 PM
davidw221
Supporter
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my LED's, there bright white not the yellow looking lights that come stock, big difference for the cagers who can't seem to see us!

Old 11-13-2011, 05:12 PM
HOG_0308
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have the LED on my Ultra. the adjustment is correct, not in on coming driver's eyes, but i seemed to get flashed all the time, till i flash with the high beams to show its the low beams... so bright, best money ive spent on the scooter.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:44 PM
digital
Cruiser

My opinion is that these lights are a tremendous improvement over the stock headlight. When properly adjusted, they work just as well as the LED or Hid style lights on a car. The best description is that these lights flood your view of the road with solid light just up to the bottom edge of the windows on the cars in front of you. They really light up the painted lines in the street. When i first installed them though i got nervous because they didnt seem to do a good job at all but then noticed that they were pointing way too high and needed to be adjusted quite a bit.

The look is unique and the black headlight looks a little out of place on my Big blue pearl Lo but is growing on me. As i continue to black out the bike it will start to fit in with the look that I am trying to create.

Old 11-14-2011, 12:35 PM
FBFletch
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2001 Fat Boy with a big nacelle kit. I had a devil of time getting my LED adjusted and I'm still not convinced it's 100% correct.

Basically, I had to adjust the top screw on the headlight mounting ring all the way in and the two left-to-right adjustments almost all with way out to get the beam pointed high enough where it wasn't pointed down at the road. When you do that, it makes it difficult to get the big nacelle trim ring on correctly. Am I missing something?

Old 11-15-2011, 06:28 PM
digital
Cruiser

And here are some crappy blackberry pics...

Quick Reply: HD LED headlight alignment help