Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Screamin' Eagle Street Performance Tuner"

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 11:26 AM
rk99
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Screamin' Eagle Street Performance Tuner"

Does anybody have this module in their bike? I have a 2007 RK and would like to add a tuner to my bike... they aren't cheap!!... anybody have experience with this piece as well as others...??

Thanks for your response, folks...keep the shiny side up!

Old 11-28-2011, 11:28 AM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The STREET tuner only alows the dealer to download a canned map for a fee. The SE Pro Super Tuner allows you to tune it yourself similar to TTS.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:47 AM
rk99
Cruiser

The HD Enthusiast Shop Talk Inside News on Harley-Davidson Products and Services, Sprint 2011 states the latest update allows owners to do flash updates without the dealership... That's the reason I'm asking, the unit is advertised at $329.95 and is fully supported by the MoCo.

Old 11-28-2011, 11:59 AM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,565 Likes on 1,497 Posts

The Street tuner is junk. Does the same basic thing as a dealer flash. It will tune your bike to "EPA" standards,which is crap! Do yourself a favor get the SEPST,it is a great tuning device. It gives 100% tuning ability,and even has a smart tune option to record data. Put it this way,I would get a V&H Fuel Pak before I would get the Street tuner junk.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Grillfish
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Correct, you will need the cables but look at the details of the product... only EPA compliant maps And do not think they have maps for products other than SE or HD. No V&H, D&D, etc...

The Screamin' Eagle® Street Performance Tuner is designed to simplify management of street-legal performance calibrations as EPA-compliant performance modifications are made. Once installed, the kit will allow you to upload the latest ECM calibrations for your bike's legal state-of-tune. Start with a high-flow air cleaner and Street Performance mufflers, and upload the calibration that provides the best performance mix. Add a Big Bore Stage I or Stage II kit later, and simply download the proper ECM calibration to match the model and hardware. Plus, you have online access to the latest factory calibrations, so you can load the most up-to-date parameters whenever you have your bike serviced.

41000008B

IN-STORE PURCHASE ONLY Contact dealer for pricing and availability.

Fits '07-later EFI XL, XR, Dyna®, Softail® and Touring models (except Trike).

MSRP US $249.95

Last edited by Grillfish; 11-28-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:15 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 632 Likes on 504 Posts

epa compliant = lean and hot.

Old 11-28-2011, 07:24 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Get a Power Commander 5 from fuel moto !

Old 11-28-2011, 07:52 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I will disagree with some of what was said based on personal experience not on what I have read or have heard. I have a 2011 RGU with stage 1 air cleaner and supertrapp 2.1 supermeg. I also have the infamous street legal tuner 41000008B as well as a TTS Mastertune. the SE street legal tuner does not need a dealer to download cals (it did when it first came out but they changed it right away and the update is free and automatically updates when you check for upgrades) and even tho every body says being it is epa compliant that it runs lean it runs richer in open loop then the TTS does. The only place that it runs as lean as the tts is at idle. Harley did a very good job on the cal for my 2011 stage 1 bagger.

Old 04-02-2014, 07:41 AM
lerio
4th Gear
Exclamation

I did the mistake of buying the street tuner.

I want to know if is possible to put the original map again.

A reset button!

Thank you.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:42 AM
neverhme
Cruiser

I have one of each, race tuner, street tuner, only reason we have the street tuner is a buy on ebay, new 66 bucks, couldn't pass it up. That being said, it's ok to use IMO if you plan on all harley parts, and no major mods, stage 1- or 2. You can fool the thing and install say a stage 2 103 in a 96 inch, and fatten a little further on the v/e tables, that is about it, hope it's close enough to run decent, wont be perfect like a race tuner with a good dyno guy. On my sons wide glide no ping, no deccel pop,good mileage,3 rides to record and down load, all good.

Quick Reply: "Screamin' Eagle Street Performance Tuner"