Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage IV Screamin Eagle 103" kit on Fat Bob

Old 12-07-2011, 01:50 PM
sbaalman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage IV Screamin Eagle 103" kit on Fat Bob

Well, once the shop received the repair check after my accident, I decided to upgrade the 96" that came with the bike. I had already installed a better AC, Dynojet PowerVision, Cycle Shack mufflers, and a gear drive Andrews 37G cam.

I am having installed the SE Stage IV 103" kit (includes 103" pistons, jugs, SE CNC ported heads, high flow injectors, larger throttle body & intake), Andrews 54G gear drive cam, Dynojet wideband O2 sensors, and black ceramic coated Thunderheader exhaust.

For those who have asked about the fairing I made for my Fat Bob, I am making another one, taking TONS of pictures, and will post a How-To writeup once I am done.

I picked up another set of tins here on the forum (mucho thanks to rodvmax!!) to replace the beat up ones from the accident and am having my brother paint them for me. We spent Sunday laying out the design on the tank to be painted. It helps to have family in the Hot Rod/body shop industry!

Will post pics when it's done, dyno-sheet after I have it dyno'd, and 1/4 mi tickets when I take it to the track against my brothers built '05 Mustang GT. Should be an interesting run as the power/weight ratios will be close! I will have the edge for power/weight - but he has lots more rubber connected to the track than I will.

Last edited by sbaalman; 12-09-2011 at 05:27 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:40 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I drag-raced a fat bob with the stg 4 103" this past summer. Yes on a real track. He whooped my butt something fierce. I suspect you'll be happy with the power.

Lord knows all I saw was his tail lights. Not that I expected anything more.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:11 AM
MattcW78
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have taht kit too it's awsome

Old 12-08-2011, 01:41 PM
kk6pg
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Do yourself a favor when its finished, and get all your old parts back. The original heads alone will do a pretty good job of funding your celebration party. After all, you cant let the shop have all the fun...

Old 12-08-2011, 02:44 PM
Strobe
Club Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Look forward to your fairing writeup again. I like that look the best of any I've seen on a fat bob. I'll be doing it this winter.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:49 PM
ambulldog1234
Novice

i was going to go that route but after talking to many people decided to go with a private build. to me any money i can spend not in my hd dealer is money well spent.

i hear that is a nice kit though. good luck

Old 12-08-2011, 07:49 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by sbaalman
Well, once the shop received the repair check after my accident, I decided to upgrade the 96" that came with the bike. I had already installed a better AC, Dynojet PowerVision, Cycle Shack mufflers, and a chain drive Andrews 37G gear drive cam.

I am having installed the SE Stage IV 103" kit (includes 103" pistons, jugs, SE CNC ported heads, high flow injectors, larger throttle body & intake), Andrews 54G gear drive cam, Dynojet wideband O2 sensors, and black ceramic coated Thunderheader exhaust.

For those who have asked about the fairing I made for my Fat Bob, I am making another one, taking TONS of pictures, and will post a How-To writeup once I am done.

I picked up another set of tins here on the forum (mucho thanks to rodvmax!!) to replace the beat up ones from the accident and am having my brother paint them for me. We spent Sunday laying out the design on the tank to be painted. It helps to have family in the Hot Rod/body shop industry!

Will post pics when it's done, dyno-sheet after I have it dyno'd, and 1/4 mi tickets when I take it to the track against my brothers built '05 Mustang GT. Should be an interesting run as the power/weight ratios will be close! I will have the edge for power/weight - but he has lots more rubber connected to the track than I will.
Huh ...? The Andrews 37 cams were either chain-drive, or gear drive ... not both ...!

What compression ratio are you going to end up with ...? Using flat-top or domed pistons ...?

The flow characteristics of the CNC are not all that great compared to some of the SE heads available for your build ... some improvement over stock, I suppose ....

Which throttle body are you going to use ...?

Good luck with the build ....

R/
'Chop

Old 12-09-2011, 04:33 PM
sbaalman
Cruiser

I switched out the cam in my bike a few weeks prior to the accident from the original chain driven cam to the gear drive Andrews 37 with the gear drive installation kit. Actually, I did not install it - I had the shop doing the current build do it for me. The shop owner is the one who helped me match all of the parts for me and also has a reputation here in Vegas for building solid and very fast motors. If I remember correctly the kit is using the 58mm throttle body.

Just read my original post and saw how the chain/gear drive mixup happened. Edited original post to fix it

The 10.5-1 compression pistons are the ones being installed, don't know if they are flat or domed.

For all of you interested in my Fat Bob fairing how-to I just posted it here;
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...ml#post9126521

Last edited by sbaalman; 12-09-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:15 PM
Hillsidecycle.com
Sponsor
Received 815 Likes on 580 Posts

If their going to set you up @ 10.5 cr with an Andrews 37, run, don't walk away.
Doubt me?
Call either Mike Peterson, GM, at Andrews Products, or Gary Wallace.
Scott

Sales/Support 315-495-6650
www.hillsidecycle.com
Walk-in Retail Showroom
Complete H-D Machine Shop
Case & cylinder boring
Complete Cylinder Head Shop
High-Performance Engine Kits
Crank Rebuilding
Direct Link & PowerVision Tuning
Goodson HD Tooling Manufacturer
Maxton Mile World Record
4500 sq ft. facility

OVER 35 YEARS OF H-D ENGINE BUILDING.
See us on Facebook.

Last edited by Hillsidecycle.com; 12-09-2011 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:48 PM
SURFOR Chop
Elite HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Scott - his 103 build is going with the Andrews 54G cams at 10.5:1 ....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stage IV Screamin Eagle 103" kit on Fat Bob