Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Springer front end conversion

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 04:08 PM
blastonerski
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Springer front end conversion

Hi there....I have a 2011 Softail Deluxe. I'm thinking about doing a springer front end conversion (similar to the Softail Springer Classic).

Does anybody know or have a parts list on what parts are necessary?? Or is there a thread or know somebody that has done it?

Old 01-19-2012, 05:32 PM
SprungDave
Road Warrior
Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts

Got to scour eBay and Craigslist to get a springer front end and fender. Should be less than $2k (plus paint) if you get the front end complete (get the front caliper, risers and headlight/passing lights too). The earlier Heritage Springer front ends (chrome) should work as well. Make sure to put in all new steering-head bearings/races when you do the swap.

I'm not sure, but the Crossbones unit may work too. Someone in here could tell you if that is so...

Old 01-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Vikingur
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 w/ Dave. Look for a stock H-D front end on Clist or eBay. I've read some complaints on here from some guys who have got one of the cheaper aftermarket ones from places like DNA. No matter what you decide, if you get one with the mono-shock (Progressive makes a good one too), it makes the ride less bouncy.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:49 PM
97HeritageSpringer
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The X-bones frontend is that same as Heritage Springer and Springer Classic, but you will need the HS or SC fender. I think a Deluxe with springer frontend would be a bad *** looking bike! Go for it!

Old 01-19-2012, 06:16 PM
fish433
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

last month at the Long Beach bike swap meet I saw 3 diferent springer front ends and I think they were all under 800$ its a bit of a trip for ya but worth a try its on the 27th this month

Old 01-19-2012, 06:45 PM
blastonerski
Road Master

Thanks SprungDave. I do want the OEM H-D Springer fork that was used on the 2005-2007 Springer Classic. Thanks I'll definitely check out CL and eBay....If you see one for sale, let me know.

Cheers!

Originally Posted by SprungDave
Got to scour eBay and Craigslist to get a springer front end and fender. Should be less than $2k (plus paint) if you get the front end complete (get the front caliper, risers and headlight/passing lights too). The earlier Heritage Springer front ends (chrome) should work as well. Make sure to put in all new steering-head bearings/races when you do the swap.

I'm not sure, but the Crossbones unit may work too. Someone in here could tell you if that is so...

Old 01-19-2012, 06:47 PM
blastonerski
Road Master

No, I don't want the DNA. I'd rather go with the H-D brand. The parts guy from my dealership said, H-D stopped making them. So I'd have to look for a used one. Thanks for the feedback Vikingur!

Cheers!

Originally Posted by Vikingur
+1 w/ Dave. Look for a stock H-D front end on Clist or eBay. I've read some complaints on here from some guys who have got one of the cheaper aftermarket ones from places like DNA. No matter what you decide, if you get one with the mono-shock (Progressive makes a good one too), it makes the ride less bouncy.

Old 01-19-2012, 06:48 PM
blastonerski
Road Master

Yes thanks 97 HeritageSpringer!

Originally Posted by 97HeritageSpringer
The X-bones frontend is that same as Heritage Springer and Springer Classic, but you will need the HS or SC fender. I think a Deluxe with springer frontend would be a bad *** looking bike! Go for it!

Old 01-19-2012, 07:02 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,774 Likes on 2,113 Posts

HD still has all the parts the last time I checked,but that
's the way you have to buy. About 3200.for all the pieces. There is an FX one in the softy parts section on here that was listed a few days ago.

Old 01-19-2012, 11:53 PM
blastonerski
Road Master

Oh really? How long ago was it? My dealer said they stopped making them since 2010...like WTF? They're really stupid over there!

Originally Posted by back again
HD still has all the parts the last time I checked,but that
's the way you have to buy. About 3200.for all the pieces. There is an FX one in the softy parts section on here that was listed a few days ago.

Quick Reply: Springer front end conversion