General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ape Hanger Kits. Who Sells Them?

Old 01-29-2012, 06:22 PM
F-ing Hostile
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ape Hanger Kits. Who Sells Them?

Hey guys,

Who have you found that sells complete ape hanger kits (other than HCC). I'm looking to get a complete Wild 1 Psycho 18" setup, and haven't really been able to find anyone that sells the wired "kit", other than Hill Country Custom.

Their kits are reasonably priced, but after a little research, I don't plan on doing any business with them. I've found a lot of negative posts by people who weren't satisfied by their products or service (and quite a lot of negative feedback on their ebay account). I also ride with some folks that have bought kits from them, and aren't too impressed (one got their brand of bars, and the chrome finish was junk, and another got a wild one kit from them, and the chrome on the switch housing and oil box is already flaking off).

I would think there would be other companies or shops out there doing this same thing, but I can't really find any!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 01-29-2012, 06:52 PM
kennygsuperglide
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

check e-bay

Old 01-29-2012, 07:00 PM
Vikingur
Tourer

Other than HCC or Custom Cycle Controls (that only sell their bars), I haven't seen any complete systems. Good luck.

FWIW, had a buddy do his own a couple months ago, and other than the time involved, it wasn't a huge PITA. If you don't feel like doing it yourself, your local indy will probably give you a fair price as well.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:16 PM
kajunkruzer
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vikingur

FWIW, had a buddy do his own a couple months ago, and other than the time involved, it wasn't a huge PITA. If you don't feel like doing it yourself, your local indy will probably give you a fair price as well.
I agree. I bought the bars, cables, and wiring extensions and did the install myself. If you have the time and a service manual it's really not that hard, maybe a little tedious soldering wires and running them through the bars. A couple 6-packs of beer and a few cuss words later I had it done and still have the dollars in my pocket I would have spent paying someone else to do it, and I got to know the workings of my bike a little better.

Old 01-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,011 Likes on 576 Posts

Yea, they are right, do it yourself, that way you know it is done right, or not...hahah

Old 01-29-2012, 07:53 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Got mine from HCC. Installed them myself. No problems at all. LOVE my 18's!

Old 01-29-2012, 08:09 PM
F-ing Hostile
Advanced

Originally Posted by Vikingur
Originally Posted by kajunkruzer
I agree. I bought the bars, cables, and wiring extensions and did the install myself. If you have the time and a service manual it's really not that hard, maybe a little tedious soldering wires and running them through the bars. A couple 6-packs of beer and a few cuss words later I had it done and still have the dollars in my pocket I would have spent paying someone else to do it, and I got to know the workings of my bike a little better.
Originally Posted by Ragtop
Yea, they are right, do it yourself, that way you know it is done right, or not...hahah
Kind of what I was thinking. Just thought it might be nice to get it complete, thought. Save me the time of running wires, and mounting hardware. I could just bolt on, hook up electrical and lines, and go!

Old 01-29-2012, 08:10 PM
F-ing Hostile
Advanced

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown
Got mine from HCC. Installed them myself. No problems at all. LOVE my 18's!
Did you go with the HCC brand bars, or have them build em' on another brand (like wild 1)?

Old 01-29-2012, 10:27 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by F-ing Hostile
Did you go with the HCC brand bars, or have them build em' on another brand (like wild 1)?
Nope, their brand. No complaints. Only thing was that the throttle end of the bar had broken thru the box and was kinda sticking out by the time it reached my door in Japan, but there was no damage. The chrome is holding up great, seem to be made of a very heavy gauge steel and quite a bit heavier than my stock bars. No parts were excluded, all were the right size and the cables are all good Motion Pro brand cables.

Old 01-30-2012, 02:29 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 104 Likes on 70 Posts

You could try asking Burly to pre wire a set for you. I am sure they would for a nominal fee. They can hook you up with all your cables as well.

Burlybrand.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ape Hanger Kits. Who Sells Them?