General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lucas ethanol fuel treatment

Old 02-19-2012, 10:06 PM
dickey
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,473 Likes on 2,475 Posts
Default Lucas ethanol fuel treatment

Anybody use this stuff? The only station in my county that sells ethanol free gas is about 6 or 7 miles from my house, & it's getting to be a real PITA going there with a gas can every few days to buy gas for my sleds. Someone told me about this stuff;said it's supposed to neutralize the ethanol in the gas. Anybody here try it & what were the results?

Old 02-19-2012, 10:28 PM
Ragtop
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,011 Likes on 576 Posts

I'd like to know also, that crap keeps fuking up my power equipment! And if someone
wants to say use stabil or whatever, I already use that stuff, it doesn't help with
the deposits from that crap they call gas these days.
My weedwacker was so clogged up with hard tannish deposts, it wouldn't even prime the carb anymore, push the bulb, and it won't come back up. Cleaned the tan crap out of the passages, and then it was fine, for a month or so. The next time I went to use it, the same damn thing, clogged up again, PITA!! I hate to think of what it's doing to my harley carb!

Old 02-19-2012, 10:37 PM
thunderstorm2_2002
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Local bike shop by me swears by the stuff. Every bike that comes in he adds some to the tank he says. I added some the last time I filled up but cant say I feel any more or less power. Haven't checked the mileage to see if it was affected at all. But if it helps stop the gunk from forming from the ethanol thats a win in my book.

Old 02-19-2012, 10:41 PM
artz
Road Master

I hear ya'. My lawn mowers and weed eaters have gone to sh*t because of ethanol.
I'd like ti know about Lucas' ethanol treatment.
I know one thing....Lucas fuel injector / carb cleaner has kept crap out and my cars in great running condition.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:21 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

I use marine stabil (green). It works like a charm.

Old 02-19-2012, 11:28 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 485 Likes on 353 Posts

I heard an interesting discussion the other day concerning ethanol gasoline. The gist of it was that a cap full of Marvel Mystery Oil in the tank does something to either counteract the ethanol, or it protects the rubber and plastic, or whatever it actually is claimed to be able to do. I guess they mean if you put that cap full in when you fill up, then ethanol will not be an issue on the vulnerable parts. Now, I have no idea if this is true so I am simply ASKING!!!!!!!!!! not telling anyone to do this. Has anyone ever heard of this? Is there truth to it? Also, the way the guys were talking its not even an every time thing. Like you don't need to haul a can of the stuff with you, just "when you remember" to add it, is how I understood it to work. Anyone ever hear this? If true, a 6 dollar can of Marvel Mystery Oil would sure be a lot cheaper that replacing ruined rubber parts.

Last edited by bikerlaw; 02-19-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:59 AM
AKHD
Tourer

Interesting. I too have heard good things about Marvel Mystery Oil tho have no personal experience with it. Mark H.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:31 AM
TheGeek
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe that's the mystery behind the oil??? All kinding aside, I have read the same. Put 4 oz of Mystery Oil to 10 gal of gas.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:39 AM
skully1200
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know anything about the science or the chemistry of any of these products. I do know that my local small engine shop has been pushing Startron. Last week I was at my local Indy bike shop and they also had some Startron brochures on the counter. I didn't talk to them about it, but I will before riding season gets going again here.

Old 02-20-2012, 07:53 AM
Kabear
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,750 Likes on 1,080 Posts

Use the "Star*Tron" product and it makes a world of difference. Cheapest place to buy is Tractor Supply $5.99.

It was like a total tune up on my vehicles. For the bikes add 1oz/5gals. For the other engines (john deere, chain saw, lawn mowers, yamaha scooters) I mix it in a 5gal container and add the 1oz. there and then to the other tanks.

Also I don't carry it with me in the cars so I keep a 1gal container with an over mix to add to the cars when I get home.

I saw a recent program that says Ethanol fuel goes "bad" in one to two WEEKS. The red stabilizer won't work for the Ethanol problem, only storage.

Smoothed the HD's right out. I do live in a relative humid climate(South Mississippi) so high humidity is a problem. Plus here it is always hot-cold-hot-cold and condensation in a fuel tank can be a problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lucas ethanol fuel treatment