Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Handlebar Riser Bushings for Apes?

Old 02-24-2012, 01:27 AM
Tek74
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Handlebar Riser Bushings for Apes?

I just ordered some 10" Yaffe Monkey Bars for my 2011 RGC, and when I was still in the "deciding which bars I want stage", somebody recommended getting some $40 HD Handlebar Riser Bushings. Has anybody gone with these at the time of installing their apes? And has anybody not gone with them, and later wished they had? I don't mind spending a little extra money for things, but sometimes it's really not necessary to do so.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...3&default=none

Old 02-24-2012, 01:33 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Definitely worth doing whilst putting Apes on although you don't necessarily need the HD version.

I put them on when I changed out my SG bars to Yaffe 12" apes. They feel more secure than the apes that I had on my softy without the poly bushings.

Highly recommended!

Old 02-24-2012, 01:36 AM
Tek74
Tourer

Originally Posted by plasmadaddy
Definitely worth doing whilst putting Apes on although you don't necessarily need the HD version.
Thanks....but who else makes them?

Old 02-24-2012, 03:27 AM
fannin
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the ones made by alloy art.

Old 02-24-2012, 06:50 AM
plasmadaddy
Road Warrior
Received 48 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Tek74
Drag Specialities also does some.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:17 AM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fannin
I have the ones made by alloy art.
I have 17" apes after riding the bike with stock bushings i switched to the alloy art gooden tite bushings. Definitely should have done it in the first place.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:34 AM
Nut08Ultra
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ordered some 10" Yaffe Monkey Bars for my 2011 RGC, and when I was still in the "deciding which bars I want stage", somebody recommended getting some $40 HD Handlebar Riser Bushings. Has anybody gone with these at the time of installing their apes? And has anybody not gone with them, and later wished they had? I don't mind spending a little extra money for things, but sometimes it's really not necessary to do so.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...3&default=none

DO IT... its worth it. I didn't the first time I put taller bars on my dyna, and my bars moved way more then I expected... was told that was why, switched em out, and BAM... made all the difference.

I was told by my dealer that alloy art makes the ones HD sells. The pics look identical and they are the same price, but I don't always trust what some parts guys say without hearing it from other reliable sources. Can't seem to dig anything up about it on net. I got the HD ones cuz I was right there, and same price.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:07 AM
RAYCE_FLHP13
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The ones on direct Harley parts dot com is 25 bucks I can't remember the brand though.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:10 AM
Redbeard719
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,220 Likes on 545 Posts

Gooden Tight makes them but I think that's Alloy Art.

They're all about the same price, and for $40, the ones at HD are easily available. Most dealers stock them.

With longer bars comes more leverage. The stock rubber bushings just don't cut it. Might not be as bad with 10's, but if you're already in there, it's something you should do.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:35 AM
Jon0807
Tourer

I bought the ones from HDbikeparts.com when I installed my WO 12.5's but I didn't install the bushings, which I probably should have anyway. But after a few thousand miles I didn't really notice any slop in the handlebars at all. Then I swapped out for the 14"s and didn't install them again, cause, well I couldn't find them lol. But so far with the stock bushings and 14's it's still pretty firm. That may change later down the road and a few more miles. But so far they're ok. Now I just gotta try and find where I put those damn bushings...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Handlebar Riser Bushings for Apes?