Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom audio installation

Old 03-20-2011, 01:04 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior
Received 92 Likes on 50 Posts
Default Boom audio installation

Any of you guys install the boom audio setup? I have the windshield mounted one, but the handle bar version would be wired the same. I'm just wondering if someone can better describe where the wires get spliced into the bike. The direction don't give much detail on where that orange/white wire should be cut. Any help would be great. I'll take pics when I put it in, but it wont be for a few weeks as I have a little paint issue on the down tubes to deal with first before I put the amp in the way.

Old 03-20-2011, 03:30 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a different setup, but the orange and white wire they are talking about is the accessory wire under the left front of the tank (while sitting on bike)

I used a quick splice to splice into it. Unbolt your tank and remove the gas line. Slide it back a bit and you will see the accessory plug as your front fender light will be plugged into it. Follow the wires from the fender.

Drew

Old 03-20-2011, 04:29 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior

great DR, sounds easy enough to find.

Old 03-20-2011, 08:09 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior

Just wondering if it's possible to follow it back to under the seat so that I can get at all three connections easily if I later want to pull the amp and controls off the bike.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:39 PM
BKLYNHD
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boom audio instal (orange/white wires)

Originally Posted by jlasoftail
Just wondering if it's possible to follow it back to under the seat so that I can get at all three connections easily if I later want to pull the amp and controls off the bike.
Hey brother, I just installed it on my 2010 RKC. While sitting on the bike, under the seat on ur left, there should be a wire harness going towards the rear fender, powering up the rear lights, disconnect the clip/adapter, and splice open the black rubber, ull see the orange/white wire there, i used that one and BOOM...i have sound...

Old 06-21-2011, 08:44 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior

Yeah, thanks. did the install already and found it no problem. I recommend that way over the instructions to anyone using this setup.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Wayne Auld
2nd Gear

You are right, I installed mine yesterday. Was real skepticle about cuttin the wire but once i broke out the clymer manual. There was no question. I mounted the speakers to the left and right of the windshield bag with no problem. I loosened the tank bolts and fished the wire under the tank and made the connections. and as you said...BOOM !!!! Awesome Sound. I would post pics but I tried and for some reason they wont show up. If ya want to see them email me @ waynelauld@gmail.com

Old 06-22-2011, 06:00 PM
jlasoftail
Road Warrior

Just a warning to throw out there: I got caught in a few rain storms on my trip last week and then no more BOOM. After about 5 days it came back and seems to be working fine. I'm not sure where the water got in. I took apart the speaker housing in the hotel room and there was no moister. I plan on sealing things up a little better, but I want to find out if that will void the warranty. I also think I might try to upgrade the speakers if I can find something worth putting in.

Old 07-04-2011, 09:32 AM
baldharleyrider
Stage I

Where does the red wire with grey plug go? Have an 03 road king but can't find any where the b+ connector would go. Have everything else ready to spliced together.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:27 AM
munch34m
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Has anyone installed the boom audio system on an older bike at all. I have a 93 Heritage and wouldn't mind having the option to have some tunes. According to Harley's web site though it can't be done on the older models.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Boom audio installation