Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheeldock EZ-Up Centerstand Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 10:52 PM
Airborne Limited
Supporter
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheeldock EZ-Up Centerstand Question

I ordered and received a Wheeldock Ez-Up Centerstand for my 2011 FLHTK Ultra Limited with stock suspension. I was able to easily install the wheel dock (ordered model #CS-09). My good friend had purchased one before me and installed it on his 2011 FLTHK. He has no problem getting his bike up on the center stand, while I have only been able to get mine up on the center stand once and with a great deal of effort. I had him try to get my bike up and he barely could as well. He said it was much more difficult than his. I was able to get his bike up and can tell you there is a big difference between the two. Once my friend was able to get my bike on the center stand I tried to ride it off and the rear wheel simply spun and smoked. The ground was not uneven nor had any other deficiency. I have tried to get the bike on the center stand in four different locations and was unsuccessful in all four.

My friend measured the length of my and his wheel dock and he believes that mine is 1/2 longer than his (no shwang jokes please). I emailed the Wheeldock folks and the President emailed me back and suggested that I check to make sure my sticks were between 30-50lbs and that perhaps I needed the model for a lowered bike which is 1/2 shorter than the standard Wheeldock length. I have 50lbs in the shocks and my friend has the same bike with the same model wheel dock.

So my question to those of you who have a Wheeldoc Ez-Up Cneterstand is this; have you had trouble getting you bike on the stand or did you have to trade it in for the lowered bike model despite not having a lowered bike?

Thanks for your help everyone.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:17 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the standard length on my street glide because I put 13" shocks on it. works easy on and driving off, If you know some body with a welder you could make it the 1/2" lower yourself. They do make one for the factory shocked 12" SG.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:32 PM
RockyMtnRider
Advanced

I have the stock unit on my 2010 FLHTC. It's not too bad getting up,but I have to rock to get off. I will spin the rear wheel if I try to drive off. Wheel is barely touching but just enough to spin.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:39 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 184 Posts

The trick to getting off the center stand is to put your bike in gear and slowly let the clutch out but don't touch the throttle.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:48 PM
White Ice
Stellar HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Airborne Limited
I ordered and received a Wheeldock Ez-Up Centerstand for my 2011 FLHTK Ultra Limited with stock suspension. I was able to easily install the wheel dock (ordered model #CS-09). My good friend had purchased one before me and installed it on his 2011 FLTHK. He has no problem getting his bike up on the center stand, while I have only been able to get mine up on the center stand once and with a great deal of effort. I had him try to get my bike up and he barely could as well. He said it was much more difficult than his. I was able to get his bike up and can tell you there is a big difference between the two. Once my friend was able to get my bike on the center stand I tried to ride it off and the rear wheel simply spun and smoked. The ground was not uneven nor had any other deficiency. I have tried to get the bike on the center stand in four different locations and was unsuccessful in all four.

My friend measured the length of my and his wheel dock and he believes that mine is 1/2 longer than his (no shwang jokes please). I emailed the Wheeldock folks and the President emailed me back and suggested that I check to make sure my sticks were between 30-50lbs and that perhaps I needed the model for a lowered bike which is 1/2 shorter than the standard Wheeldock length. I have 50lbs in the shocks and my friend has the same bike with the same model wheel dock.

So my question to those of you who have a Wheeldoc Ez-Up Cneterstand is this; have you had trouble getting you bike on the stand or did you have to trade it in for the lowered bike model despite not having a lowered bike?

Thanks for your help everyone.
He 'believes' it's a 1/2" longer? It either is or it isn't. . Since it's only a 1-bolt install, take yours and your friends stands off the bikes and measure them side by side. If you determine it's too long, then it's time to contact the company. Telling you to check your suspension pressure is poor customer service, or saying you made need the one for a lowered bike when yours is not, doesn't say much for their QC. It sounds like they put the wrong stand in the wrong box.

Old 04-17-2012, 01:02 AM
luisan
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 144 Likes on 82 Posts

I have the E-Z Up center stand on my 06 Ultra and it has always performed as advertised:Easy on-Easy off effortlessly.Usually the guys at Wheeldock are very helpful,I would send it back for them to evaluate since without a doubt there is a problem somewhere.

Old 04-17-2012, 03:46 AM
gaither2004
Novice

I had mine installed at Daytona this year on the same year and model bike. They put one on and had the same problems you are describing. Had a hard time getting the bike up on the stand. They installed the 1/4 or 1/2 inch lower model and it seemed to fix the problem. They checked air shock pressure before making the change. It was alot easier to get on the center stand. However, before heading out to Key West, I checked my tire pressure and found out it was low. After adding air, (several pounds), I noticed when on the center stand, the bike was unstable. It was very, too easy, to push off the stand. At times, the bike would wobble back and forth. I took it back to them and they changed it back to the original model. As long as I keep tire pressure and shock pressure right, it works great. By the way, the guys a E-Z Up at Daytona were great to work with and very helpful. The E-Z up is alot better of a product for this bike than the HD model I had.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:57 PM
cmc seabee
Cruiser

Received 71 Likes on 26 Posts

I have a 2010 Street Glide and installed the CS-09L as suggested by Rod the owner of Wheeldock. He suggested I keep 30 PSI in my rear shocks, and maintain the correct tire pressures. I am 5'6" with a 28" inseam and tip the scales at a whopping 150 pounds. I have no trouble at all lifting my bike up on the stand. I have not tried to lift it while sitting on the bike. I would contact Rod as I'm sure he will make it right.

Old 04-17-2012, 02:32 PM
Spur56
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

50 psi is fully loaded, two up pressure. Probably should be running around 20 psi for single riding. Tire pressure would have some effect also. 1/2" ain't much, ok sometimes it is. Lol

Old 04-17-2012, 02:39 PM
vistavette
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 183 Likes on 129 Posts

Mine works perfect on my '09 stock suspension. I'd measure it out and send the dimensions to the company and see if perhaps there is a variance. They used to be a forum sponsor and I have always found them great to deal with; maybe they'll exchange it out. I love my stand.

As far as your tire spinning: I found that mine will do that as the tire wears, Toward the middle/end of the tire life span it doesn't always ride off; I have to help it a little sometimes

Quick Reply: Wheeldock EZ-Up Centerstand Question