Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Wide Glide exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 04:40 PM
trainedkilla
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2012 Wide Glide exhaust?

I will be buying my exhaust in the next week or two and wanted to know how many of you with the new 103ci engine have put exhaust on them.

I am looking at the Vance & Hines short shots. I like the way they look and the price is awesome. I really like the Big Radius 2 into 2 also but they are about 300 more.

If you have a 2012 Wide Glide with aftermarket exhaust, please post them up!

Thanks!

For your trouble.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:24 PM
trainedkilla
Road Warrior

Not alot of modded 12's huh?

Old 04-29-2012, 06:29 PM
WideGlideFever
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine is a '11 and I know the engine isnt the same, but the concept is. From what I have seen on here about the short shots is that they are loud as hell (too loud to most) and dont provide much performance improvment if your looking for that kind of thing. Havent seen too many comments on the BR 2n2. I went with the BSS and I love em. I like the noise level (lound but not insane) and dont really care about the performance part, although it has a crossover chamber so I guess it is suppose to perform more likea 2n1.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:42 PM
trainedkilla
Road Warrior

Those do look good. I have not heard them before. I do hear the power gain from those are more than the SS.

Thanks

Old 04-29-2012, 06:56 PM
stevieg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For looks, the BSSs can't be beat. I had Short Shots with quiet baffles on my (1st) '07 Streetbob. They weren't nearly as loud as the BSSs I had on my Heritage. Don't know why as I've read here that most think they're louder. I'm selling some V&H Big Radius 2in2s that were on my new '07 Streetbob as they're too loud for me as well as I'm just gettin' old.
All in all, V&Hs are loud pipes. The quietest V&Hs seem to be the ProPipe. It's a really nice looking 2in1 that has a nice sound. Just my '02.
I really like the looks of the stock pipes that the WGs and Fatbobs have. So much that I put them on my Streetbob with SE slipons.
Sorry if I didn't help much. Good luck.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:13 PM
South Jersey Scooter Trash
Road Captain

The only difference between the 96 and 103 are bigger pistons same motor.I like liked my short shots a lot not all that loud unless you twisted the wick a little then she would bark,lets just say the neighbors knew when I got home no sneaking in the the better half.And they were reasonable in price.If I had the extra money at the time they would not have been my first choice but they worked out well for me.Next set on my next bike will V&H two into one.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:16 PM
KungPowMinchow
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mines a 2010 wide glide with big radius 2 n 2 pipes from vance n hines and i love them.
2012 Wide Glide exhaust?-fourn.jpg 2012 Wide Glide exhaust?-final21.jpg

Old 04-29-2012, 07:23 PM
trainedkilla
Road Warrior

Thanks alot for all of the input and the pics. I know exhaust that fit the 06-11' dyna's will not fit on the 12'. That is the only reason I make the distinction.

Old 04-29-2012, 07:23 PM
Six16
Road Captain

I should have mine put on by the end of this week. I'll share some pics with you then. But 10's and 11's look identical. This thread is money for browsing exhaust pics...
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...post-pics.html

Old 04-29-2012, 07:27 PM
2wheels1love
Intermediate

I just put some short shots on this weekend - I have a 2010, and went with them for the price too. Have the VO2 breather and fuelpak as well. ITS LOUD. I am going to be looking for a set of quiet baffles at this point, but hoping that will bring the noise to a level that isn't going to have me waking all the neighbors. I don't loaded yet but will get them up soon.

Quick Reply: 2012 Wide Glide exhaust?