Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whats the best tuner for a 2012 streetglide Help!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 12:08 AM
gfourn64
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whats the best tuner for a 2012 streetglide Help!!!!!!!!

ready for stage 1 and have no clue which tuner is best,, powercommander v and the cobra protuner have been mentioned but am not sure which is best for the money , any suggestions

Old 05-07-2012, 12:12 AM
Casper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 285 Likes on 189 Posts

Best? That's subjective....but when I buy mine it'll be a TTS Master tune...why? Just because of all I've read, I like that one best....is it the best? Don't know, but that's what I'm going with....

Old 05-07-2012, 12:20 AM
gfourn64
6th Gear

thanks for the input casper

Old 05-07-2012, 12:20 AM
pswomack
Road Master
Received 130 Likes on 98 Posts

PC-V, Power Vison, TTS Master Tune, Revolution Performance Precision EMS, Screamin Eagle Race Tuner Pro, Zippers ThunderMax and to many more to mention, but here's a starting point, research these tuners and make a choice as to what you want for how you ride. I've used the SE Race Tuner Pro and currently use the Rev Perf Precision EMS because I like the Auto Tune feature as it tunes on the fly. Depends on what you want and how much you want to spend.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:27 AM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a pcv on my cammed 106 and it's been fantastic. No problems.
I suggest you find the guy or shop that is going to tune your bike then buy whatever tuning option they suggest. Get whatever they say is the best option simply because they will be tuning it.
All of them have their strengths. There are piggyback types(power commander) then there are flash type(sert). All of them will get you where you want to be,and will grow with you as your mods increase. The guy tuning it is more important than the tuner itself. Jmo

Old 05-07-2012, 12:32 AM
gfourn64
6th Gear

thanks , the auto tune is something i am wondering about , i e the cobra protuner just curious how good they work , vs putting bike on dyno and predetermined maps

Old 05-07-2012, 12:33 AM
ernster500
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll just say that the best is going to be what ever you buy from either Fuel Moto with their service and lifetime map/tech support, OR, whatever the best tuner/dyno shop uses that is closest to you... The rest is all subjective.

I recently purchased a Power Vision from Fuel Moto for the unit's data logging feature and Fuel Moto's service/reputation.

Hope that helps you somewhat!

Old 05-07-2012, 12:37 AM
gfourn64
6th Gear

shredding rubber and ernster500 thanks for the input trusting the guy thats going to tune the bike is something i was kind of overlooking

Old 05-07-2012, 06:55 AM
SG1032011
1st Gear

I had the PC-V installed at the suggestion from my mechanic. He is a 30 year HD mechanic now in his own shop. He said these have had the best results from all he has seen. Good enough for me! That and the heavy breather and the the SG 103 has come alive!

Old 05-07-2012, 07:13 AM
Pete7539
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for FuelMoto, I've been a customer for over four years. Started with a PCIII on a vrod, then PCV w/autotune for my ultra, and just last year upgraded to the PowerVision and kept the autotune. Throughout, Jamie's customer service has been outstanding. He provided a great map for my PCV and I called about decel pop, he walked me right through it to adjust tables and get rid of it. Called when I changed exhaust and he sent me another map. Then I decided I wanted the PowerVision for future gearing changes as it can change speedometer amongst many other things. Jamie sent that programmed perfectly and helped me out when I sold my PCV to another member. He's providing them with map support, all guy had to do was provide invoice number(which I fortunately saved/horded). Again there are a lot of great products and tuners. If you've got a great technician in your area go with what they're using. I didn't and am glad I went with FuelMoto

The following users liked this post:
Puckuss (08-28-2017)

Quick Reply: whats the best tuner for a 2012 streetglide Help!!!!!!!!