Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Andrews Cams for 2012 103 - 54H 57H

Old 05-19-2012, 09:01 AM
dschock
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Andrews Cams for 2012 103 - 54H 57H

I started this topic in the "Cams - Where to start" thread (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-to-start.html).

I've started a new thread because I'd like to narrow the topic of discussion to Andrews Cams for use in my 2012 103.

I have a 2012 Street Glide (103) and will be riding in the 2000 to 4000 (4500) rpm range. Not interested in winning any races. Just would like some bite when I twist the throttle between 2k and 4k.

I will be adding Roland Sands Clarity A/C, Fullsac X-Pipe, Monster Rounds, TTS Master Tune

My indie is suggesting the Andrews 54 or possibly the new 57. It doesn't seem like there is much info on the 57 that I could find. Not sure if it's even available yet. If anyone knows about 57 please chime in. He also mentioned the 37 but was more in favor of the others.

I would love to hear from anyone who has knowledge of the 54 or 57. Does anyone know how they might compare?

I would be interested to hear from those who have installed the 54 and their impressions. Have any of you installed the 54 and not been happy with it and if not, why.

Thanks guys.

dave

Last edited by dschock; 05-19-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Beav
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check with "The Man" himself...
www.docsperformancetuning.com
He doesn't care for the 54. Know a dude runnin' them in a CVO... can't seem to get them dialed in "just right."

Doc can answer all you q's!

Old 05-19-2012, 10:49 AM
dschock
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Beav
Check with "The Man" himself...
www.docsperformancetuning.com
He doesn't care for the 54. Know a dude runnin' them in a CVO... can't seem to get them dialed in "just right."

Doc can answer all you q's!
Doc (somebody named Doc) as tuned at least some 54s according to some user posts. Sorry I'm new. What is docs ID in this forum. I'd like to read some of his posts. Thanks.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:09 PM
ocezam
Road Master
Received 96 Likes on 62 Posts

I'd consider the 54. Specs aren't too high IMHO. Had to do some searching for the specs on the 57: 46 intake close and 252 duration. Way too high for a street bagger in my opinion.

You need to learn what cam specs mean, and how they affect performance. It may take you a few weeks of intense reading if your starting from scratch, but you wouldn't have to ask such broad questions anymore.

You got some great suggestions in the other thread. I'd have my indy install MY cam choice, not his. Then again, I'd simply install my own cams also.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:17 PM
dschock
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ocezam
I'd consider the 54. Specs aren't too high IMHO. Had to do some searching for the specs on the 57: 46 intake close and 252 duration. Way too high for a street bagger in my opinion.

You need to learn what cam specs mean, and how they affect performance. It may take you a few weeks of intense reading if your starting from scratch, but you wouldn't have to ask such broad questions anymore.

You got some great suggestions in the other thread. I'd have my indy install MY cam choice, not his. Then again, I'd simply install my own cams also.
Thanks ocezam. I was looking for specs and information on the 57 without much luck. Can you point me in that direction? I'm reading up on the topic. But I'm guessing that specs can say one thing and reality can be another. I'm hoping others with a similar ride can relay their experience.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Fire-Medic
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dschock
Thanks ocezam. I was looking for specs and information on the 57 without much luck. Can you point me in that direction? I'm reading up on the topic. But I'm guessing that specs can say one thing and reality can be another. I'm hoping others with a similar ride can relay their experience.
The 57's are new and "technically" aren't out yet, due out in June from what I read.

If you're hell bent on Andrews cams look into the 48's too they work will in otherwise unmodified engines.

The 54's like more compression, so that's something to consider if you go that route.

There are many good cam choices for stock 103's you need to pick one that fits your riding style.

There's info on the 57's over on HTT, I'm not sure if it's against rules to link to other forums, so do a search over there or drop me a pm.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:40 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 45 Posts

In the Andrews stable and your stated rpm band and otherwise stage I build, you need to look at the 26H or the 31H.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:52 PM
dschock
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Fire-Medic
The 57's are new and "technically" aren't out yet, due out in June from what I read.

If you're hell bent on Andrews cams look into the 48's too they work will in otherwise unmodified engines.

The 54's like more compression, so that's something to consider if you go that route.

There are many good cam choices for stock 103's you need to pick one that fits your riding style.

There's info on the 57's over on HTT, I'm not sure if it's against rules to link to other forums, so do a search over there or drop me a pm.
Thanks Fire-Medic. I had to figure out what HTT was (LOL), but found it.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:00 PM
DTTJGlide
Stellar HDF Member
Received 227 Likes on 142 Posts

The 57s are Andrews bolt in cam of choice for a stock 103. Ocezam found specs for the 50s not 57s, you can find the specs on Andrews web site or go to Big Boyz site & look up on there cam comparator, the 57s aren't listed but they have the same exact specs as the 37s, except the lift is .560 instead of .510. Specs: Int 18/38 Ex 46/14 236 240 .560 They are should work better than the 54s if you aren't going to bump the comp up a little, 54s like 9.8-10.2 the best.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:08 PM
dschock
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DTTJGlide
The 57s are Andrews bolt in cam of choice for a stock 103. Ocezam found specs for the 50s not 57s, you can find the specs on Andrews web site or go to Big Boyz site & look up on there cam comparator, the 57s aren't listed but they have the same exact specs as the 37s, except the lift is .560 instead of .510. Specs: Int 18/38 Ex 46/14 236 240 .560 They are should work better than the 54s if you aren't going to bump the comp up a little, 54s like 9.8-10.2 the best.
Thanks DTTJGlide. Great info on the Big Boyz site.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Andrews Cams for 2012 103 - 54H 57H