Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Naked jugs!!! (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 11:32 PM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Naked jugs!!! (pics)

I've been threatening to do this for a while, just never got around to ordering the new horn. Until now. Actually found it on Ebay for $50, NIB. Rather than using it to complement the original horn, I wanted to use it to replace that chrome cowbell that's been driving me nuts. Ended up not using most of the new wiring harness but had to chop it up a bit. Spliced part of it into the original wiring for the cowbell to extend it. Tucked the wiring under the tank and ran it behind the horn bracket, rather than running it along the downtube like the instructions said to do. Looks much cleaner this way. Also ditched the ugly galvanized mount bolt in favor of a polished stainless ARP header bolt I had laying around. I also ended up removing the engine mount and removing the horn mount tab. Worked it down with the bench grinder then dressed it with a good file, sanded and painted it. Rather than reusing the original galvanized motor mount brackets, used another pair of stainless steel ARP 12-point bolts that originally bolted the mechanical fuel pump to the block of the 350 in my S-10. Ditched when I switched to EFI. They just happened to be the perfect size, pitch and length. Sweet! I filed the heads flat, wet sanded them and then polished them to a mirror shine with the Dremel and some rouge. Found some 1/8" spacers with a show chrome finish to replace the thick galvanized washers Harley used. The whole thing turned out really good and I'm really enjoying my naked jugs. Definitely just a subtle change but it looks great!

The downside is that the new horn, while much louder, has a tone like a Volkswagen. More of a "BEEP" and less of a "HONK". I reckon you can't have everything. Haven't yet decided if I'll do some sort of black finish on the new horn though. Maybe some black wrinkle paint???

Old 11-23-2006, 11:42 PM
DougsDyna
Banned
Default RE: Naked jugs!!! (pics)

Your horn is missing!!!! LOL

Nice job, looks great!!

DougJ

Old 11-23-2006, 11:58 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Craig...you really cleaned it up nice. I like the look alot. Have you thought about getting the finned headbolt bridge (HD)? Now that the horn cover isn't there, the headbolt bridge with the matching fins would really finish it off nicely.
Figured I'd just through that out there. Looks good man

Todd

Old 11-24-2006, 12:03 AM
lolife
Road Warrior

yes that is clean............................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............

Old 11-24-2006, 12:41 AM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member

Thanks for the kind words!

ORIGINAL: veniculum

Craig...you really cleaned it up nice. I like the look alot. Have you thought about getting the finned headbolt bridge (HD)? Now that the horn cover isn't there, the headbolt bridge with the matching fins would really finish it off nicely.
Figured I'd just through that out there. Looks good man

Todd
I thought about it but I really wanted to do a minimum of covers on this bike, if any. Kinda like having everything exposed. Leaning more towards dressing up what would be covered. Can't even bring myself to get axle nut covers. I want to do a complete stainless steel 12-point bolt kit to get rid of all those ugly galvanized fasteners though.

Old 11-24-2006, 01:06 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice clean look,and a nice clean job. It's all in the details.Like it a lot.

But I really wanted to see some ****.[:@]

Good Luck

Tom

Old 11-24-2006, 03:50 AM
Jet x 4
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for getting me all worked up with the title of your post.

Old 11-24-2006, 08:01 AM
Boxjoint
Tourer

Love it, looks great.
Tip for ya- I see you have the tool bag strapped around the frame tubes as I did. I took my tool bag off two weeks ago to clean the bike and there were some scratches where the bag straps are. The back side of the grommet (rivet) holding on the buckle was in contact with the frame and with the vibrations from running. I covered the rivet with a piece of electrical tape after buffing out the scratches.

Old 11-24-2006, 09:25 AM
dav.elis
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you a rear pic?
Have you the HD smoked turn signal lens kit? (or clear?)
Wonderful forward controls... who have sold tou you? Are easy to mount?

Thanks

Old 11-24-2006, 10:04 AM
CraigC
Outstanding HDF Member

ORIGINAL: dav.elis

Have you a rear pic?
Have you the HD smoked turn signal lens kit? (or clear?)
Wonderful forward controls... who have sold tou you? Are easy to mount?

Thanks

Here's a rear quartering view. I have a smoked turn signal lens kit from Drag Specialties and LED bulbs. The taillight is from Kuryakyn. The forward controls are factory Harley, installed by the dealer.

Quick Reply: Naked jugs!!! (pics)