Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacement Floorboard Inserts Deluxe

Old 05-14-2012, 12:22 AM
AirBoyzT
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replacement Floorboard Inserts Deluxe

Anyone know where to get replacement floorboard inserts for the softail deluxe flstn? They are tapered and all I seem to find is half-moon lol. Replacement on the harley site is $170 for the inserts, hoping to find them cheaper. My right floorboard came off and has worn down enough where it won't stay in.

Thanks!
-Aaron

Old 05-14-2012, 12:25 AM
thelawnmowerman
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I've seen them on Ebay quite often, but personally I'd swap em out for something different, maybe some Eddie Trotta's.

Old 05-14-2012, 03:42 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 812 Likes on 798 Posts

Got mine at the dealer ship.. they have a whole wall full of them.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:04 AM
toxicstang99
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Honestly man, the stock Deluxe floorboards are junk. at least on my Deluxe they were. I also had one come off, only it was on the freeway and I didn't notice it until I got home since I use my cruise arms a lot.

I got a set of Custom Chrome boards for 60 bucks at a local shop down the road from me. That was the whole set up too; boards, brackets AND mounting hardware. I don't remember exactly what the stealer quoted me for the insert but I know they wanted more for ONE insert than what I payed for my WHOLE dang kit! The Custom Chorme ones I have also feel to be built better as well.

Just my $00.02

Old 05-14-2012, 07:07 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Those nipples on the bottom of the rubber inserts need to be pulled all the way through the mount when you put them back on. Pair of pliers or needlenose helps. Then you can wrap some wire or something else around a couple of the nipples to stop it from popping back off.

Did this on the wife's Deluxe after she lost one on the highway after I didn't learn from the first time it came off. Bike was still under warranty and I was able to convince the dealer that this was a known issue with the Deluxe Model. Either that or he was just being a nice guy.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:20 AM
BLOWN HOWARD
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one where are ya located at

Old 05-15-2012, 10:41 AM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 812 Likes on 798 Posts

Heritage boards must be diff, 5yrs and 37k and never had a prob with-em.

Old 05-15-2012, 12:17 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by oct1949
Heritage boards must be diff, 5yrs and 37k and never had a prob with-em.
yes, different setup. On the Heritage the footpad is inboard of the edge of the mounting pan so it's protected from getting popped off by leaning the bike. The Deluxe footpad overlaps the edge of the mounting pan so any upward pressure on the outside can easily pop the rubber nipples out.

Old 05-15-2012, 01:42 PM
pdfiddler
Tourer

I new I liked the Heritage mhore better.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:26 PM
GGDavis
Novice

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
Those nipples on the bottom of the rubber inserts need to be pulled all the way through the mount when you put them back on. Pair of pliers or needlenose helps. Then you can wrap some wire or something else around a couple of the nipples to stop it from popping back off.

Did this on the wife's Deluxe after she lost one on the highway after I didn't learn from the first time it came off. Bike was still under warranty and I was able to convince the dealer that this was a known issue with the Deluxe Model. Either that or he was just being a nice guy.
I had a similar issue with my Deluxe a while back. A friend recommended using SONOLASTIC® NP 1T (an expansion joint adhesive) and it worked like a charm. Cleaned the floorboard insert/pan to remove any grime etc and beaded the NP 1 on the floor pan surface to where the adhesive would make good contact and r-inserted the floorboard (making sure the tips where pulled back thru tight) and let it set for 24 hours. Completely fixed this issue...never had another instance of the boards loosening or falling out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Replacement Floorboard Inserts Deluxe