Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Shotgun shock problem

Old 06-15-2015, 07:57 AM
jakazz
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Shotgun shock problem

So I was going to bump an old post but decided to start a new one.

I have had my ss for about 3 years I think, never had an issue.
couple days ago after doing new paint on bike and finally getting the "winter" mods done went for a few rides. Stopped at a freinds house and was exhalting,(sp) the wonders of the SS and couldnt get it to go back up.after playing around with the switches it finally released the down pressure and it came up.

So I'm leaving for Laconia bike week this morning and was trying to get at a bolt under the fender so I try to raise the bike up no go.

Do some searching on web.....nothing really, other than the cheerleaders for JD singing praise......LOL

So I dig in, since my switches are in my dash and just pc'd it again and installed it figured start with the switches, grab my meter and chock for continuity when applying the switches. .....everything looks good. Hmmmm....." fade out to my memories of technical schooling" Most electrical issues are either ground related or faulty connection......

so look ta the rest of the wiring, no chaffing or damage to naked eye...well than next....

So there are 2 connectors down on the side of the bike.....they are shrink wrapped and maybe just a little wiggle "test" for ***** and giggles.......wiggle ..wiggle... hit the switch....voila we have a winner.

so for all those that try to bash on the SS......well u know what to do.

Thanx again JD for a great product...ps I would have called but you guys prob weren't open yet....lol

oh heres some cheerleaders for ya