Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Older CVO style switches on a 2014 for airride?

Old 10-20-2015, 02:09 PM
tundrabuilt
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Older CVO style switches on a 2014 for airride?

Has anyone attempted to use the older style CVO air ride lock/unlock switches on their 2014+ bagger? I ordered the switches already but realized that the dash panel buttons are smaller on the newer models. The CVO switches are too big, now Im wondering how Im gonna get it to work...

Old 12-31-2015, 05:10 PM
chrisrugFLHX
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the unlock lock buttons on the right side of the dash. You need a dash aux sw assy. its the same as the left side that comes with aux passing lights. You need to order the lock and unlock buttons to go in the switch. They also have AUX switches. some are on/off and some are momentary but you can modify the on offs to be momentary. Both aux switch panels plug into the factory harness which ends up at the 6 pin Aux plug under the side cover. I wanted to keep my left side available for the AUX DRIVING LIGHTS so i used the right. I also used the CVO lock and unlock momentary buttons as up and down for the rear air and the third is an on/off AUX button for LEDs underneath. The trick is that the 3 poles on the Aux plug that these buttons activate, need to be removed from the plug so that you can use them as you wish. Another option is to get the HD AUX harness and buy the pin connectors to fit into it because it has 3 blank spots, the other wires on the AUX harness are controlled by the left side switch assy which has one button pre wired for lights and the other two control the Aux harness.....I hope you can follow my mad rambling

Old 01-11-2016, 08:39 PM
Shadowray
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I bought a handlebar mounted toggle switch from reading designs.com works great!

Old 02-06-2016, 08:14 PM
puzzled1
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A guy over on Chopped grafted the older switches into his 14. He did a nice job. It can be done... it wasn't a bolt on/in though.

Old 02-07-2016, 12:27 AM
tundrabuilt
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by puzzled1
A guy over on Chopped grafted the older switches into his 14. He did a nice job. It can be done... it wasn't a bolt on/in though.
Yeah, it might have been my post over at chopped baggers...I was able to work the old switches into my new dash.

Old 02-18-2016, 03:34 AM
Roc
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisrugFLHX
I have the unlock lock buttons on the right side of the dash. You need a dash aux sw assy. its the same as the left side that comes with aux passing lights. You need to order the lock and unlock buttons to go in the switch. They also have AUX switches. some are on/off and some are momentary but you can modify the on offs to be momentary. Both aux switch panels plug into the factory harness which ends up at the 6 pin Aux plug under the side cover. I wanted to keep my left side available for the AUX DRIVING LIGHTS so i used the right. I also used the CVO lock and unlock momentary buttons as up and down for the rear air and the third is an on/off AUX button for LEDs underneath. The trick is that the 3 poles on the Aux plug that these buttons activate, need to be removed from the plug so that you can use them as you wish. Another option is to get the HD AUX harness and buy the pin connectors to fit into it because it has 3 blank spots, the other wires on the AUX harness are controlled by the left side switch assy which has one button pre wired for lights and the other two control the Aux harness.....I hope you can follow my mad rambling
Chris, I'm looking to do the same but using the lock, unlock for a center stand and want the aux for LED like you did on the right side. Couple questions: Do you have a part number for the Aux switch for the right side?
I came up the part number 71400033 for the CVO Lock and Unlock.
Did you just splice into plug under left side cover?
Anything else that I will need?
Thanks!!

Old 03-11-2018, 12:21 AM
decoy64
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would you happen to have a wiring diagram on how you used them? I bought the CVO power lock switch pack for my bike put went to wire them up but I can not get power to go through the switch. I really need some help