Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Air ride, which is the best?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 01:52 PM
Chopper Dave
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air ride, which is the best?

I'm planning on dropping some cash on a new air ride system. The problem is their is quite alot of systems to choose from. I appreciate your input on what system is the best bang for the buck. Thanks!!!

Old 11-03-2009, 01:54 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

A lot of people here are raving about Shotgun Shocks these days. I've personally only used the Legend Air System, and my major complaint was the "pogo" effect.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:02 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,935 Likes on 1,919 Posts

The choices are many as stated above. There is the Platinum bleed and feed and shotgun shock which were both designed by the same guy. There is Legends, Hi Lo, SAS and probably some other versions.
Some things to take into consideration are the Pogo effect and if you are able to change your transmission oil without pulling the shocks. If you do not do your own service it really does not matter. The unibody units need to be pulled or half pulled to get to the transmission drain plug.
What kind of riding do you do? What do you expect out of your sir ride? How much are you willing to spend? Those are the important question.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:03 PM
Chopper Dave
Cruiser

Originally Posted by beaureed445
A lot of people here are raving about Shotgun Shocks these days. I've personally only used the Legend Air System, and my major complaint was the "pogo" effect.
I have the Legend Air Ride on my Heritage and I have the same pogo problem as well. I would prefer a system that raises and lowers quite quickly. I'll have to look in to the Shotgun system. Thanks

Old 11-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Chopper Dave
Cruiser

Originally Posted by HarleyGoodies
The choices are many as stated above. There is the Platinum bleed and feed and shotgun shock which were both designed by the same guy. There is Legends, Hi Lo, SAS and probably some other versions.
Some things to take into consideration are the Pogo effect and if you are able to change your transmission oil without pulling the shocks. If you do not do your own service it really does not matter. The unibody units need to be pulled or half pulled to get to the transmission drain plug.
What kind of riding do you do? What do you expect out of your sir ride? How much are you willing to spend? Those are the important question.
As for the price it doesn't really matter, I really just want a quality air ride system. My riding style is local once in a while I might do a long haul. I would really like a system that allows me to drop it down low; but allows me to have a great ride quality.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:08 PM
VTwin-Goodies
Sponsor
Received 1,935 Likes on 1,919 Posts

Platinum or shotgun shock will provide a better ride due to the bleed and feed technology. Saw a shotgun shock on ebay last week for $1000. I think list is about $1600.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:40 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

SAS offered me systems for $1,300. The best IMHO and priced commonly over $1,600.

Mimo.

Old 11-03-2009, 02:43 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Contact this guy...He has about a 1000 of them for $1000.00 not a better deal around. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

Agreed go with the Shotgun or Platinum bleed and feed

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 11-03-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:06 PM
jumporjerkoff
Tourer

i went with the SAS...at 1600bucks its a bit more expensive but its quality... talk to Ronnie at lewis custom cycles..top man.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Chopper Dave
Cruiser

I appreciate the advice and insight. I will definitley take a look at these systems. I'm quite surprised on the system prices. Their a lot lower than what they use to be.

Quick Reply: Air ride, which is the best?