Go Back   Harley Davidson Forums > Harley Davidson Tech & Mechanical Forum > Frame/Suspension/Front End/Brakes > Air Suspensions
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Air Suspensions All you Air Ride Suspension Owners can discuss your Rides here

Welcome to HDForums.com!

P

Old 02-26-2010, 08:58 PM
www.linkedin.com/pub/bill-jackson/3/1b8/619/
Default Softail air suspension

Looking at doing an air suspension for an 09 xbones. Considering the Legend, Arnott, etc. Any preferences?
Old 02-27-2010, 01:30 AM
Hang Around

i went with progressive works great and the customer service was great friend went with legend and he broke a fitting and they wouldnt evan help. Progressive replaced a shock that i broke didnt evan ask just sent the old one and they sent me a new one.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Sponsor
shotgunshock shotgunshock
Default shotgunshock offers adjustable air suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadking40 View Post
Looking at doing an air suspension for an 09 xbones. Considering the Legend, Arnott, etc. Any preferences?
The shotgunshock has four electro mechanical solnoids that screw into the machined maniflod resulting in a safer and better performing softail aClick the image to open in full size.ir suspension
Old 01-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Sponsor
Default analysis chart explaining different technoligies of softail air rides includding arno

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadking40 View Post
chart explains arnot, legend and progressive

www.shotgunshock.com/pdf/SSComparison_Chart.pdf

Last edited by J.D.1; 01-12-2011 at 12:26 AM..
Old 01-12-2011, 01:48 PM
One Of The Regulars

what happens to a air system when they fail?
Old 01-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Sponsor
Default depends on the air ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyjimk View Post
what happens to a air system when they fail?
Air rides need to insert presurized to raise bike and release air to lower, so the air line is part of suspension and the constant pressure causes fatigue and possible failure of the air line and its fittings. Legend and Arnott have these types of presurized lines and if they fail, suspension goes down. Main cause of air leaks on a softail air system comes from failure in the fittings or air line.The Shotgunshock has a maniflod machined into the shock body resulting in a sealed unit with the internal solenoids feeding and bleeding air internallly. The air line is only used to transfer presurized air into shock and then there is no pressure in line. On the shotgunshock , the one air line can be disconnected and the system stays presuurized with the same suspension.

Last edited by J.D.1; 01-12-2011 at 04:37 PM..
Old 01-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Sponsor

That is the way all air rides should be as it is worry free. Genius design with this system.

Drew
Old 02-25-2011, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.1 View Post
Air rides need to insert presurized to raise bike and release air to lower, so the air line is part of suspension and the constant pressure causes fatigue and possible failure of the air line and its fittings. Legend and Arnott have these types of presurized lines and if they fail, suspension goes down. Main cause of air leaks on a softail air system comes from failure in the fittings or air line.The Shotgunshock has a maniflod machined into the shock body resulting in a sealed unit with the internal solenoids feeding and bleeding air internallly. The air line is only used to transfer presurized air into shock and then there is no pressure in line. On the shotgunshock , the one air line can be disconnected and the system stays presuurized with the same suspension.

Sounds like thats the best way...

Last edited by Jesse L; 02-25-2011 at 03:00 PM..
Old 09-22-2011, 11:46 AM
Hang Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.D.1 View Post
So, in summary, there is a check valve between the pressurized air line and the feed solenoid, correct? Are the solenoids serviceable? If so, please elaborate. Also, who manufactures the pump? With my experience catastrophic air-ride failures are primarily caused due to failed solenoid or pumps. Unexpected plumbing/fitting issues can generally be fixed on the side of the road, but solenoid or pump failures will commonly put you in a trailer. I'm considering a system for my FB, but it needs to be reliable and fully serviceable (namely because I don't want to hear my wife bitch). As such, can you please forward me a plumbing and wiring diagram? Drew - I belieave you sell Shotgun, assuming I'm happy with the diagram and response I will be in touch.

Thanks,
Chris
Old 09-22-2011, 11:55 AM
Sponsor

Email me at info@drvtwin.com please.

Drew

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 03-16-2012 at 06:12 PM..
Old 09-22-2011, 11:55 AM

P

Tags
2011, air, davidson, forums, frame, harley, hd, legend, problems, progressive, sale, shocks, shovelhead, softail, suspension